Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2014 Archery Buck is home

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Big thanks to TOO's very own Mike at Whitetail Specialties Taxidermy! Mike mounted my 2013 buck as well and I am very pleased with his work. Not only has he mounted 2 of my bucks, he also repaired my 2010 buck which was my first archery buck. It had a bit of an accident. Mike made it very close to perfect. He said he could have made it perfect but it would have required a new cape. Since it is the original cape on my first archery buck, I opted to keep him original. Let's face it, our deer are truly only trophies in our own eyes. Very few will ever harvest a buck worthy of a purchase offer by Cabelas. I can take some pics of the repairs later if anyone wants to see them. The only noticeable portion of the repair is a faint line where the hair no longer is perfect. Just a faint line which you really have to look for in order to see. Unbelievable work! Extremely fair on the repair work in my opinion. One thing I am proud to say: I received the first official TOO discount! Yeehaa! Highly recommend him if you guys are in need of taxidermy work.

Not sure how to link the harvest thread from my phone. Long story short: this buck showed up, gave me 1-2seconds to make a decision, I made a crappy shot, but we made up for it with an exemplary recovery. Lol. End of the day, he would receive an arrow again if I were given the opportunity. He is a trophy to me and I thought some of you would want to see the finished product.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423284030464.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423284030464.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 127
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423284059387.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423284059387.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 149
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423284075545.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423284075545.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 126

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks guys. Logging out now. Going to go call some coyotes. Sometimes, the passion to get out there and hunt is hard to turn off.

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Thanks Phil for giving me the chance to mount such a fine animal. Thanks for the compliments everybody. The form is 7526L from Ohio taxidermy supply.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks again all. Thanks for spitting out the form Mike. I would have never known. My reply would have been "Whatever one I picked. You'll have to PM Whitetail Specialties to find out." Lol