Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shed Hunters in S.E OH

What's Everyone seeing in S.E OH , going out to shed hunt this weekend got my two dogs been working with since last year hoping there geared up last year was a great turnout with 48

themedic

OHIO
I'm itching to shed hunt but I know it's way to early. Right now I'll be walking water ways and remote areas NEAR properties I know guys shot bucks but didn't recover them.

I attended the Amanda Township Coyote drives last week-end. 150 guys pushing deer and coyotes everywhere. I saw 4 shooter bucks still holding. 10 bucks all together and from what I could tell only 2 bucks 1/2 shed. I saw no deer I thought looked like a fully shed out buck.

Also, welcome to TOO

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Just got back from looking. Jumped up a group of 11 bucks. Two half racks and the rest still had both sides. I think I'm gonna wait a couple more weeks before doing much more. Two of the bucks are carrying the horns I'm really wanting to find...

Diablo54

Outside
What's Everyone seeing in S.E OH , going out to shed hunt this weekend got my two dogs been working with since last year hoping there geared up last year was a great turnout with 48

What part of se Ohio? 25% of sheds are on the ground. The dog and I have only found 3 so far.

themedic

OHIO
I went for a drive last night and checked a group of bucks that I've been seeing constantly…..the biggest two still had both sides last night.

reffitt20

About 60-70% off here. Found five so far. Not finding as many as I should have in certain spots.

Thanks.
I'm going hunting around athens on the 14th so hopefully they are all off by then.

Im not familiar with hunting southern ohio for sheds.
Where should I focus my efforts?
south facing hills?
Any pines?
The thickest thorn patch?
Hay fields?
Stick to the paths?

In northwest Ohio my best spots are usually beds.

themedic

OHIO
Thanks.
I'm going hunting around athens on the 14th so hopefully they are all off by then.

Im not familiar with hunting southern ohio for sheds.
Where should I focus my efforts?
south facing hills?
Any pines?
The thickest thorn patch?
Hay fields?
Stick to the paths?

In northwest Ohio my best spots are usually beds.

In the heavy forest country I have in Hocking county I've had great luck in pine thickets. But all that you have mentioned are great spots. The big key is simply knowing where they are right now (so glass and pay close attention to the tracks in the snow).