Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Foodies kill their food for the first time

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fFW5gPlSJcE[/video]

Gotta read the comments :smiley_crocodile:

Last edited:

teej89

NE PA
Oh it's all in the comments:

"Kwese Tnumo 1 day ago

This is horrible. Instead of killing animals they should get their meat from a grocery store."

HAHHAHAHAHA i'm hoping it's sarcastic but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The above comment wants to make me throat punch myself if he was being serious.

Kudos to the hippies for giving it a whirl.

That asian chick has some DSLs...

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
LOL. I didn't watch the video as I've done many times. But read all the comments. This world surely is full of idiots and someday they will be leaders of this great country and some are today.

When I was a kid grandpa would grab them by the legs, flop the head between 2 nails in a wood block, then lop the heads off with a hatchet. These city slickers would have been traumatized!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This sort of thing scares the crap out of me. To see what our society has evolved into is terrifying. People really are so dumb to have no clue that an animal is heavily involved in most every meal they eat. I really believe if our society were still one in which to eat you had to kill, there would be much less waste of animal protein. Seriously, look at the piles of food people throw out. When you kill it yourself, you remember vividly that the meat you eat was recently a living, breathing beast just trying to get along in the world. We have to end it's happy little animal life in order to consume it. If you are the person that caused the animal's sudden end, you have to own that, and therefore respect, pity and a bit of regret maybe, exist for the animal. At least that's how I see it.

I remember as a kid feeding Grandpa's cattle, doing whatever with them through their life, and when we took one in to butcher it made me sad. I remember asking grandpa how he could stand to kill them after raising them from birth. He said, "I've fed them their whole life, unfortunately it's time for them to feed us". Just the facts, how it is. And BTW, that was the best beef I ever ate... probably partially because I knew their names and had a bit of respect for their contribution to our continuation.

Last spring we raised some meat chickens. Killed and butchered 'em too. I gotta tell ya, I'd much rather kill a deer or pheasant at a distance than to cut a chicken's neck while it's hanging upside down in a kill tube...but dang, that was some tasty chicken! It's just a part of life, and these folks that refuse to believe it scare me.

rsmith

Seeing those comments makes me want to hop through the computer and just slap everyone who said that that was so inhumain. People get freaked out by the slitting of their throat or cutting off of the head but then they see the body's nervous system react after with involentary muscle movements and they freak out saying "OMG it's still alive!" Sorry sweetheart it is already dead, it's just muscle movements now. People also think these animals are inhumainly raise by being neglected and poorly fed but it is quite the opposite. They are constantly watched to make sure they are all healthy, they are fed either large amounts a couple times a day or their daily consumption need in small portions spread out throughout the day. It just makes me sad because people look at hunters too and say "how can you kill Bambi? Or how can you kill a deer, that's not right". Bambi is a fictional character and quite frankly I'm more after her great grandpa than her. But secondly the amount of time we put into the harvest is hard for most non-hunters to fathem. And the amount of crops we plant for them, the corn we put out for them, the mineral sites to help them grow health is crazy. It just upsets me to see how "soft" and unconscious of the food process some people are. I tell everyone that pulls the Bambi card or the how can you kill a deer card the same thing, the deer I try and harvest are more spoiled than most kids are and I will be glad to tell you how, and I just love back straps way to much not to.
Sorry for the rant

Seeing those comments makes me want to hop through the computer and just slap everyone who said that that was so inhumain. People get freaked out by the slitting of their throat or cutting off of the head but then they see the body's nervous system react after with involentary muscle movements and they freak out saying "OMG it's still alive!" Sorry sweetheart it is already dead, it's just muscle movements now. People also think these animals are inhumainly raise by being neglected and poorly fed but it is quite the opposite. They are constantly watched to make sure they are all healthy, they are fed either large amounts a couple times a day or their daily consumption need in small portions spread out throughout the day. It just makes me sad because people look at hunters too and say "how can you kill Bambi? Or how can you kill a deer, that's not right". Bambi is a fictional character and quite frankly I'm more after her great grandpa than her. But secondly the amount of time we put into the harvest is hard for most non-hunters to fathem. And the amount of crops we plant for them, the corn we put out for them, the mineral sites to help them grow health is crazy. It just upsets me to see how "soft" and unconscious of the food process some people are. I tell everyone that pulls the Bambi card or the how can you kill a deer card the same thing, the deer I try and harvest are more spoiled than most kids are and I will be glad to tell you how, and I just love back straps way to much not to.
Sorry for the rant

Right on brother!!!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good video. I hope more people can have the honest conversation about where their food comes from. Every person that eats meat has blood on their hands. Some, like us, understand this because of the relationship we have with food through hunting and fishing. Others are oblivious because they are so far removed from their food. Life is covered with death. In order for a person to live, other things must die.

Mooosie

Although it seems so wired to think people are just learning this at their age I think it is good that they are learning it. I read another story that some of these people are now hunting their own game to get meat that is natural . Being natural doesn't worry me , if it is meat and it is not rotting I'll eat it, but it is good to see these people getting a dose of reality