Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lace up boots

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Damn some nice looking boots!

someone mentioned the price. I think the outlet had them for 125, don't quote me on that.

Im telling y'all, that if you like to cut firewood, run saw to clear trials, etc, they are some damn nice boots!

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
They aren't made in the USA though.

give me the style number on your redwings. A lot of them aren't made in the USA anymore, although people think they are.

what shirt do you have on? Made in the USA?
Ballcap on made in the USA?
tires on your car made in USA?

not trying to be a dick, but just never fully understood the idea that my boots need to be USA made.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
They're about the only thing I can find that are anymore. I guess that's just my grandpa coming out in me. And I buy the red wings that still are.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Only thing made in the USA anymore are fast food hamburgers. Well anyway I think they are. LOL.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Hmm, Rocky selling Georgia Boots...what's this world coming too?! At least those look like they would make me taller! LOL

so about 8 years ago now Rocky bought Georgia, Durango, and several other brands.

something to be aware of in boots. *made in USA or *assembled in USA this happens often, all the stuff is made in China but the upper is attached in a USA territory. IT can then be labeled USA assembled. See how the play on words can change folks opinions? I am certain this happens in many other things we buy as well.......(cars ring a bell hahah)

at1010

*Supporting Member*
http://www.justinoriginalworkboots.com/footwear/men/collections/all-handcrafted-usa-work-boots/440

^^^^ USA baby lol

Granted if I didn't just get my new pair of justins I woulda considered these

great example. They have boots that are made in the USA. Also have several that are not made in the USA. However, it is often how a brand is portrayed!

Overall, I think its a great boot for a good price. Also what is most peoples argument for creating boots/clothes in the USA? So it employees more people?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
great example. They have boots that are made in the USA. Also have several that are not made in the USA. However, it is often how a brand is portrayed!

Overall, I think its a great boot for a good price. Also what is most peoples argument for creating boots/clothes in the USA? So it employees more people?

Because I'm American, and I'll buy stuff that's made in the USA whenever I can. I've owned 2 pair of Rocky's in my life, soles never held up. Both pair of bibs I have are Rocky's.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Because I'm American, and I'll buy stuff that's made in the USA whenever I can. I've owned 2 pair of Rocky's in my life, soles never held up. Both pair of bibs I have are Rocky's.

I hear that 100% I love to buy American as well. I just am curious why some feel so strongly about it. Typically when a company produces something like boots overseas they can actually employee more Americans that if they produced the boots here. Because you are reducing overhead, you are able to hire more sales people. You are also able to get these lower cost boots into more Mom/Pop shops. Many shops today can't buy a 250 boot because they are scared they won't sell them. This all depends on the area of the country. My point is when looking at things from a business perspective you have to see how in the long run it can benefit more Americans when overhead is reduced, and the cost per sku is less.

BTW Rocky soles are fantastic now, they did have an issue in the past I believe is was awhile ago. If you ever get down to outlet you can get a great price on them to give them another try.

Also not arguing at all, I fully get it. I am just having a conversation. Sometimes hard to tell in a text format.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
not trying to be a dick, but just never fully understood the idea that my boots need to be USA made.

When I was working at Sherwin-Williams in Akron, I had an older lady come in one night looking for wallpaper paste. She asked me if I knew where it was made and I told her I did not, so she had me read the box. I couldn't locate it anywhere and she got all pissy with me and stormed out. Her piss off what that it was obviously made in America. BTW, she climbed in a Toyota Corolla. lmao

at1010

*Supporting Member*
When I was working at Sherwin-Williams in Akron, I had an older lady come in one night looking for wallpaper paste. She asked me if I knew where it was made and I told her I did not, so she had me read the box. I couldn't locate it anywhere and she got all pissy with me and stormed out. Her piss off what that it was obviously made in America. BTW, she climbed in a Toyota Corolla. lmao

I knew how that was going to end before I read it. That is was cracks me up. What I do find amazing is how well some brands have done at portraying that American made, feeling, etc. Although they are made next door to the other Asian made items on the shelf.

Some examples of brands are Carhartt, and Wrangler. I have both, and love them. Some of their products might be made here, but I believe a majority of them are not!

thanks for sharing that story as well, made me laugh!

at1010

*Supporting Member*

Didn't you say your Redwings had a metguard? Neither one of those shoes have a met guard.... Im sure the met guard version is USA made as well but I am just letting you so if you reorder, you don't order the wrong style number.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Didn't you say your Redwings had a metguard? Neither one of those shoes have a met guard.... Im sure the met guard version is USA made as well but I am just letting you so if you reorder, you don't order the wrong style number.

Ya, they have a met guard. I don't order online though. There is a red wing store close to the house. Get my boots cleaned while I'm there also.