Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rabbit hunting DVDs

Nastyfudge

Banned
Just throwing this out there for you guys. We are in the process of putting together footage from our rabbit hunts over the years and making a full length feature DVD. We will be launching a Kickstarter campaign to get it done. If anyone is interested please feel free to ask questions. The campaign will be launching in a few days and we would love the support.

Nastyfudge

Banned
We've started our Kickstarter campaign to raise money to fund the production of a rabbit hunting DVD. Check it out and please show us your support.

Last edited by a moderator:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I watched your two videos posted earlier on a rabbit hunting thread and I can honestly say I was shaking my head afterwards. Someone had posted thinking you were a bit unsafe in your hunting methods. That was a big understatement in my opinion. Your methods in the video borderline criminal and if anyone in that hunting party happened too be injured and an investigation team got hold of the video you'd have reckless endangering charges pending against you.
You need too seriously look at your hunting methods and see it is for what it is...... A slaughter of what ever is in front of you and happened too be in season.....
I have rabbit hunted for decades and have never came across a more disturbing video that is touted as legitimate hunting..... I'd delete all evidence of the video and rethink your actions and those of your friends. I can't believe you, as a group would allow this too go on and video it as well and then think it was okay too market..... I bit my tongue and said nothing earlier as I thought maybe it was just me being too critical but after reading the comments I gotta say y'all need too regroup and talk this over amongst yourselves and come too the conclusion y'all made a mistake in your thought process.......

Good luck......

tracker 6

In a thicket
Please don't make a video,Just be waste of your time and money.Think about what you have seen of others hunting Videos.This aint going to work guys!

Nastyfudge

Banned
First of all. We never shoot a rabbit that is between us or not in a safe direction. We constantly communicate to be sure of where each other are located. Describing what we do as a Slaughter is a bit dramatic. We go rabbit hunting to shoot rabbits buying a hunting license give us that right. Just because we don't use dogs or our hunting methods are different from yours doesn't mean we're unsafe or "slaughtering" everything in the Woods.

Huckleberry Finn

First of all. We never shoot a rabbit that is between us or not in a safe direction. We constantly communicate to be sure of where each other are located. Describing what we do as a Slaughter is a bit dramatic. We go rabbit hunting to shoot rabbits buying a hunting license give us that right. Just because we don't use dogs or our hunting methods are different from yours doesn't mean we're unsafe or "slaughtering" everything in the Woods.

Please, what's your second point?

Nastyfudge

Banned
There is only one point. We've been hunting rabbits this way since our Grandfather taught us to hunt them over 15 years ago.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

Let me just say, I have hunted rabbits without dogs for many years and never once did we shoot the rabbit 2 foot in front of us with a 12ga shooting 7 1/2's. There is no point in doing that. It's not only dangerous but it ruins the rabbit by blowing it to pieces like you demonstrated in your video. Many will also fund shooting rabbits like that is not good sportsmanship. Wouldn't be any different then shooting birds on roost or on the ground or ducks on the water. You just don't do it. That's where the slaughter comes into play as well.

Almost forgot to add. Just because you can purchase a license to hunt an animal doesn't give you the right blow it apart and film and laugh about doing it. You need to learn respect for the animals you hunt.

Last edited:

Nastyfudge

Banned
We still cleaned and ate that rabbit. Just like we do with any animal that we harvest. The main purpose of hunting is putting meat in the freezer. Having fun and enjoying it is secondary to that.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Almost forgot to add. Just because you can purchase a license to hunt an animal doesn't give you the right blow it apart and film and laugh about doing it. You need to learn respect for the animals you hunt.

I think this is what was missing the most in the behavior in the videos.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio

"Describing what we do as a Slaughter is a bit dramatic." Hardly an understatement. Shooting a rabbit out of its bed at the ranges you show with a 12 gage could not be called much else.

Your clips clearly show you are, in fact unsafe and an embarrassment to the hunting community in general.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
All I can say is that the video showed a lot of close shots too your hunting partners, the video doesn't lie. It shows exactly what happened in real time.... You can say that you're not unsafe but all that have commented so far and have viewed the video are agreeing with me more so than you.... Like I stated Earlier I've rabbit hunted with beagles all my life and when I was a kid I stalked them with a bow.... So I've been there and done that when it comes too chasing bunnies and I've never witnessed your style of hunting.... And am not impressed in the slightest bit.... And as far as videoing this and trying too market it.... I'd rethink that move unless you can edit out the close calls and blasting rabbits almost in half.....
We're trying too point the obvious that doesn't sit right with the above average hunter as a lot of folks on here are seasoned and have the mounts and experience too prove it.... If it bothers us too the point of commenting on this I can guarantee it'll be a lot worse on other forums... We're trying too help you not hurt or discourage you....

Nastyfudge

Banned
I can see how the behavior could be misinterpreted and we do respect the animals we hunt. I pray to god after every hunt thanking for the animals we were able to take. But calling our hunting methods "borderline criminal"? Are you serious?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
All I can say is that the video showed a lot of close shots too your hunting partners, the video doesn't lie. It shows exactly what happened in real time.... You can say that you're not unsafe but all that have commented so far and have viewed the video are agreeing with me more so than you.... Like I stated Earlier I've rabbit hunted with beagles all my life and when I was a kid I stalked them with a bow.... So I've been there and done that when it comes too chasing bunnies and I've never witnessed your style of hunting.... And am not impressed in the slightest bit.... And as far as videoing this and trying too market it.... I'd rethink that move unless you can edit out the close calls and blasting rabbits almost in half.....
We're trying too point the obvious that doesn't sit right with the above average hunter as a lot of folks on here are seasoned and have the mounts and experience too prove it.... If it bothers us too the point of commenting on this I can guarantee it'll be a lot worse on other forums... We're trying too help you not hurt or discourage you....

Exactly

Nastyfudge

Banned
I understand that and I'm not being negative or belligerent. And like i said earlier we've hunting this way for over 15 years, all of us together. We're very successful in how we do it.