Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coyote kills of 2014…pic and DRT count

themedic

OHIO
Curious how many coyotes got killed by TOO members in 2014. Post your pic or no pic but keep the count going!
Here is number #1 and my only for 2014
Also…to help me learn TOO's by name…post your real name with any pictures:smiley_bril:

I'm BigDumbF***#2

The last 2 I killed last winter after I got my new phone, so these are the only pics I can load. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423076401.762160.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423076424.240090.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I called in my first yote this morning using my ICOtec caller. Started with a female howl then went to a pup distress. Unfortunately he came running through the in laws pasture that's full of sheep and cows and my buddy couldn't get a shot. First set, first time using this call.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
One shot. No recovery. Fur and fecal matter at impact site. Just couldn't find it. Dead or not, I am satisfied. Sitting at set number two of the morning. Maybe I can drop one in its tracks for better pictures for you guys.

Started with female howl. Waited in between each call several minutes hoping for vocal response. Went to female invitation. Heard birds and critters getting nervous and the occasional crunch of ice. Expected something eventually. Ice crunches grew closer when I turned volume down and went to fawn bleats. After 15-20min of nothing I switched to cottontail distress. Played 15-30seconds and waited. Spotted one under 30yds and waited. It eased in. Threw nose up while watching wholly booley decoy. Closed within 10-15yds. Couldn't move. Caller had been silent for awhile. I tried to move twice but in extreme cold the swivels on my sling were noisy. Tried twice. When coyote decided to leave I lifted rifle and swung my sights to take aim. Squeezed off a round and it gone. Good hit it appeared. Just couldn't find it. uploadfromtaptalk1424095398912.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424095420465.jpg

One shot. No recovery. Fur and fecal matter at impact site. Just couldn't find it. Dead or not, I am satisfied. Sitting at set number two of the morning. Maybe I can drop one in its tracks for better pictures for you guys.

Started with female howl. Waited in between each call several minutes hoping for vocal response. Went to female invitation. Heard birds and critters getting nervous and the occasional crunch of ice. Expected something eventually. Ice crunches grew closer when I turned volume down and went to fawn bleats. After 15-20min of nothing I switched to cottontail distress. Played 15-30seconds and waited. Spotted one under 30yds and waited. It eased in. Threw nose up while watching wholly booley decoy. Closed within 10-15yds. Couldn't move. Caller had been silent for awhile. I tried to move twice but in extreme cold the swivels on my sling were noisy. Tried twice. When coyote decided to leave I lifted rifle and swung my sights to take aim. Squeezed off a round and it gone. Good hit it appeared. Just couldn't find it. View attachment 28426View attachment 28427

That's alright Phil, if you knocked the shit out it chances are it won't make it!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Pretty much what I figured. What would I do with a dead coyote anyway? Pay money to have it tanned? Get stinky skinning it out? Knowing I put a good hit on it was satisfying to me. Hoping to make it back out this evening. With the extended cold weather, I recommend getting out if you can.

I blew a foot of intestines out of one last year and it still made it to his den. Dead is dead that's the way I see it, it won't be eating fawns this spring.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Started with female howl. Waited in between each call several minutes hoping for vocal response. Went to female invitation. Heard birds and critters getting nervous and the occasional crunch of ice. Expected something eventually. Ice crunches grew closer when I turned volume down and went to fawn bleats. After 15-20min of nothing I switched to cottontail distress. Played 15-30seconds and waited. Spotted one under 30yds and waited. It eased in. Threw nose up while watching wholly booley decoy. Closed within 10-15yds. Couldn't move. Caller had been silent for awhile. I tried to move twice but in extreme cold the swivels on my sling were noisy. Tried twice. When coyote decided to leave I lifted rifle and swung my sights to take aim. Squeezed off a round and it gone. Good hit it appeared. Just couldn't find it. View attachment 28426View attachment 28427

At least you hit it.... Note to self though for the future, remove sling when not needed lol....