Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mr. Football - Johnny Manziel Enters Treatment Center.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Is there a rehab for growing up and acting like an adult?:smiley_blackeye:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Hopefully that comes through treatment when he is clean. :smiley_confused_vra
I doubt its the substance abuse that is makinghim act out.... you just don't become and azzhole because you drink a beer. possibly a shortcoming in his upbringing is holding him back...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I doubt its the substance abuse that is makinghim act out.... you just don't become and azzhole because you drink a beer. possibly a shortcoming in his upbringing is holding him back...

You haven't drank enough beer then LOL.

Jamie

Ohio
I'll bet his mommy and daddy put him in "time out" instead of beating his ass with a belt. guarantee those problems started with the parents in his adolescence.

Prima donnas like him and most other star athletes get coddled their entire lives after somebody figures out they are gifted. I have a sibling that was a star athlete, and all of that extra attention and coddling didn't do her one bit of good. she's been a wreck her entire adult life.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
" The nature of Manziel's treatment hasn't been specified, although the decision to enter treatment was not related to the quarterback's life on the football field. "

As lifeless as he was ON the field, I find that a bit surprising.

Huckleberry Finn

Smart move. Gives him another chance bc the media won't make fun of rehab. And it gives a good way to create a cut from the Browns so he can go somewhere where he has the chance to do something.

Don't get me wrong he is a tool.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Yup. Pretty,sure his family owns a 9,000 seat arena in his home town and that's just part of their real estate portfolio. He's just a rich kid who has never had to work for anything.

I am not sure if they are billionaires but I think they are wealthy. 9000 seat arena? Not sure about that either, he is out Tyler TX way, and there aint much out there.

I have to agree with Milo on this, I feel like the kid is just saying he has a problem to try to cover up all the negative media he has gotten. Unless he has gotten hooked on a drug of some sort, but because your 22, rich, and party doesn't mean you need rehab. IMO.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I partied just as hard from 18-28 and managed to get a college degree, become a successful professional and bought house. Never needed rehab either. Just a publicity stunt IMO.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I partied just as hard from 18-28 and managed to get a college degree, become a successful professional and bought house. Never needed rehab either. Just a publicity stunt IMO.

My thoughts as well, he is just doing it to save face with the new offensive coordinator, who made it clear when asked who would be the starting quarterback, that he wasn't even sure if the starting quarterback was in their building yet. Doesn't sound like he is going to put up with Manziel's shit, I would guess the Browns front office is tired of all the BS as well.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Manziel just isn't going to cut it in the NFL. He doesn't have the work ethic needed to be good at this level. He flew by the seat of his pants in college and it worked against teams that only had a few NFL caliber players. Now he's playing teams who have elite talent at every position and he just can't keep up. Bottom line he's just not good enough and he has no desire to get good enough.

at1010

*Supporting Member*

I was thinking the same thing. Im still in that range, I still party a lot, and Im also a successful business profesional. I know a lot of guys a lot older who are successful professionals that probably still party harder than him! hahaha

Strother23

Columbus, OH
most people that age party and him having money and being in the nfl just amplifies things. If he was a starter and having success like people predicted none of this would be going on.