Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LAKOSKY'S Book

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Ok y'all dont torch me for this!

I travel a lot as some of you know. I realized that if I listen to any more George Strait on my IPOD the thing is going to explode, so I figured I mine as well start reading. I bought via iTunes The Lakosky Way to Mature Whitetails. I read the book in about 4 reading sessions. I thought it was VERY GOOD!

I am obsessed with deer mgt, food plots, etc. I thought they touched on these in a great way, talked about managing their deer herd in different ways then I expected, and really just talked about how they got to where they are now.

Wanted to let you know incase your looking for a book to read this winter.

Good and safe hunting all!

Albert

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Does it have pictures of Tiffany? If so, put me down for it when you are done...lol

What in particular did you find very good about the book?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Does it have pictures of Tiffany? If so, put me down for it when you are done...lol

What in particular did you find very good about the book?

1. YES PICS OF TIFF, I LOVE HER! hahaha
2. how they got to where they are now. Very interesting story. For example Lee used to drive down to Iowa just to watch big bucks in fields, couldnt even hunt that state as a NR back in those days but he just loved watching big deer, talkign to farmers, etc. Once it did open up for NR he had his foot in the door to go and hunt big deer!
3. I found it interesting how serious they take it about not distriburing their land. I mean Lee hardly ever hunts in the deep timber. Doesnt want to push deer out and educate them.
4. Due to this almost obession with not wanting to pressure deer, they do most of their shed hunting/scouting/hanging stands in late winter. I found this to be very interesting as most guys hang sets in the spring, summer, etc. Lee really points out the advantages to hanging them in the winter, and I have always thought this but never did this. He also partners these stories with big bucks he has killed.

example: he found a huge set of sheds one winter on a ridge by a plot, never had picture of that deer, but he knew that deer had to be in area. Hung a few sets in that new general area, and killed that deer in a new small clover plot he put in a week into the bow season the following year.

5. Overall just was impressed at how much thought, he put into the sets, plots, etc. I know it isnt realistic for all of us but I felt it was written well and was very down to earth.

the book has a lot in it, I read off my iphone, and it was almost 800 pages on there, not sure what that equates to on a regular book but its a fair amount of information. I also enjoyed the end, had a lot of stories of unique bucks they have killed or ones they screwed up on, and never got another chance again.

Hope this helps!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I used to watch their show a lot. But I cant hardly stand to listen to Tiffany talking like a damn bimbo, or whatever she Ga-Ga's about half the time. But IMO, Lee is one of the best hunters there are. He has my utmost respect for the way he made things happen for himself

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ya gotta respect what he has accomplished. I concur with that said about Tiff. That fast whispering she does annoys me to high end ! Now that she's a prego, I gotta wonder if her rack will become nontypical or not...lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Did it explain that being a millionaire makes it a hell of a lot easier to kill monster bucks all the time? And that having a hot wife with huge tits will make it easier to get on TV?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Did it explain that being a millionaire makes it a hell of a lot easier to kill monster bucks all the time? And that having a hot wife with huge tits will make it easier to get on TV?

actually yes it does.

one of the first thing Lee admits too, he would not be where he is at without Tiffany. He knows that he hit the timing perfect, Outdoor industry wanted to get more women in the outdoors, and he had a wife that fits that mold.

He also talks about a lot of the bucks they killed, and how they've done it on fairly small land/acreage. When they first moved they only owned 200 acres. (more than me still haha but not a TON).

He also mentions several times how fortunate he is to have the life he lives now, but it wasn't handed to him. Im not telling you he guy is the second coming of Christ, but I was happily impressed with the book.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
bd83e097f2381a284c5d2703bc1ab5d7e6f15346c6a1b9d0db3d8377b29b3bf8.jpg

lmao

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered a used hard copy off Amazon for 6.86 and 3.99 shipping. Plus I've been putting off ordering a lens kit for my Plotwatcher Pro camera and the lens kit went from 56.00 to 41.50 in price on special with free shipping. That worked out just fine.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I have a lot of respect for Lee. Anyone that can get Tiffany close to mature bucks has to know what he's doing. As far as how he made it in the industry...the perfect storm at the perfect time. But, I rarely watch any hunting shows anymore.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I have a lot of respect for Lee. Anyone that can get Tiffany close to mature bucks has to know what he's doing. As far as how he made it in the industry...the perfect storm at the perfect time. But, I rarely watch any hunting shows anymore.

That's a true statement!

Thanks for all the comments and book suggestions. I haven't had a chance to look but are these on iTunes?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Don't let them give you too hard of a time buddy. I've always had an appreciation for the time they put in preparing their farm in Iowa every year. I believe he knows a heck of a lot more about whitetail than most give him credit for. I'm not much for reading, bit if I was, I'd probably check this book out.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am with Fluteman. I read roughly 2/3 of it. Not sure what happened to finishing it. Very interesting. Lee is a good hunter in my opinion and a true student of whitetail. Most of these bozos on TV couldn't hunt their way out of a wet paper sack. There are a handful of TV personalities with skill and knowledge. He is one of them.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Im happy a few of you agree with me as well! hope you all are enjoying the Super Bowl Sunday!