Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Waterfowl Survey

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I wish I had a clue as to why two of the proposals include lumping all of NW Ohio into the LEMZ. I doubt it'll happen... But it just has me puzzled. I voted to have the North/South boundary moved north back to where it used to be, and to keep the LEMZ separate from the north zone. I think it was option B... It was a week or two ago that I took it so I forget the particulars.

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
The whole marsh zone is a joke,,the main lake shoreline and the Maumee/Sandusky bays should be in the north zone,not you have to be 200yds. offshore to be in the north zone

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The whole marsh zone is a joke,,the main lake shoreline and the Maumee/Sandusky bays should be in the north zone,not you have to be 200yds. offshore to be in the north zone
I'm not following you... Why is that a joke? Why should they be in the north zone?

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
The main lake shoreline and the maumee and Sandusky bays are open water area's not marsh should be north zone,,, the DNR just caters to the duck clubs $$$$$ just like they do the farm bureau and insurance companies $$$$, a marsh zone should if really needed should be anything from the main lake shoreline inland, the marsh zone really limits your late season hunting spots

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You guys will just be high balling and sky busting at our birds making it tougher hunting for us southerners. Fugg ya! lmao

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The main lake shoreline and the maumee and Sandusky bays are open water area's not marsh should be north zone,,, the DNR just caters to the duck clubs $$$$$ just like they do the farm bureau and insurance companies $$$$, a marsh zone should if really needed should be anything from the main lake shoreline inland, the marsh zone really limits your late season hunting spots

Anyone can hunt those bays when ducks are in season in the lake Erie marsh zone. How does that help the clubs? If you really want to help the clubs, you'd make those bays north zone which create a larger "refuge" around them for that first week. Your logic doesn't add up.

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
Anyone can hunt those bays when ducks are in season in the lake Erie marsh zone. How does that help the clubs? If you really want to help the clubs, you'd make those bays north zone which create a larger "refuge" around them for that first week. Your logic doesn't add up.
I want the bays in the north zone, they aren't usually really good until the marsh zone is ready to close, then once the marsh zone closes those birds raft up tight in there and you can't hunt them

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I want the bays in the north zone, they aren't usually really good until the marsh zone is ready to close, then once the marsh zone closes those birds raft up tight in there and you can't hunt them
You can only hunt a week later in the North Zone. Do you really think that one week makes that big of a difference? I mean I get what you're saying... But that one week isn't going to make or break your season. And on top of that most duck hunters up here are not hunting divers.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Kind of a random thought, but do all divers taste like fish? Just certain ones?

I'm in to killing meat ducks. A pretty duck that tastes like shit is only good for one thing, the taxidermist. After you mount one, they aren't worth the steel IMO.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They taste the same, a misconception, don't eat merganser's
Totally agree. Don't eat mergs... But all other divers I've eaten were very edible. Don't get me wrong, they're definitely not like eating teal... But they're acceptable.