Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hog Hunt

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Rather than thread drift the existing thread any further......

I saw a lot of interest in hunting hogs. I am not sure where he went (please post) but did a quick Google search and the price was about $550 a hog on the high fence operations that came up first on google in ohio.

I then did a quick google search for market hog pricing and it was around $4.30ish/lb hanging weight. With an average hog at 150-200lb hanging weight we aren't quite at a price match yet and we would still either have to process our own or pay for processing.

Thoughts gentlemen? I have some free time the next couple of weeks to do some of the leg work if we want to try to do this as a TOO thing and I could see about a group rate.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Where I went guys was the "Double D Ranch". I can talk to the owner to see if I can get a "special price / discount" but not going to promise that. I have hunted Hogs there before and as far as I am concerned for a hog hunt in Ohio that is the best place to go.

http://www.ddranch.com/ IMG_1891.jpg
IMG_1896.jpg
IMG_1904.jpg

Last edited:

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I may be interested. Only thing that concerned me was riverdudes mention of the steep terrain.

No worries, they can get you up with a ATV or this little Jap. Truck. I want to take my brother in law and father in law that has a heart condition and they Dannie will take care of that.