Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rumor From Sanado

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
I saw on another site that Ohio is going to "limit" crossbows next season. Any one else have their ear to the ground (ODNR)? :pickle:

Its pointless if they did because just about any doctor will write you a note. Or at least that is how washington state seems to be. There is also a handicapped license that lets you hunt out of a vehicle on roads not maintained by the Feds state or county that gets abused pretty heavily too.

I rather crossbows available to everyone than have wounded deer caused by people who do not take the time to practice with a vertical bow. Im not saying crossbow hunters are lazy either.

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't see it happening Ted. Even though they said it would 30 years ago, the ODOW loves crossbows. I could care less either way. In fact, I could care less about pretty much anything the ODOW has to say anymore.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Opens the door too many new hunters that wouldn't pick up a vertical bow.... They'd be cutting their (revenue) throat........

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Opens the door too many new hunters that wouldn't pick up a vertical bow.... They'd be cutting their (revenue) throat........

This is the exact case with me - when I first when hunting during deer season, I liked it so much I was bitching that it was only one week a year, and said to my brother in law that I had no interest in learning how to shoot a bow. He said "Go get a crossbow" - hell, I didn't even know they were an option - the light bulb popped on and it's been boogie-on ever since. But then I got interested and got a compound, then a longbow....

but yeah, if the crossbow option were taken away I'd be pissed. Not because I couldn't hunt anymore (because I still could), but because FUCK ALL I DON'T LIKE HAVING THE RULES CHANGED ON ME FOR STUPID POLITICAL REASONS. I don't like being told what to do either.

If the fuckers are serious about limiting the number of deer taken, then make it buck only. Done deal. Game over. Herd comes back.
It'll never happen. But that would do it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Or you could just do what Penciltucky does with their points on one side before you harvest it and then a doe....... It's a confusing system at first and there are mistakes made every year by hunters but they say it works.....