Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TIL (Today I Learned)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I figured I would start a thread for those little tidbits of life information you find out along the way.

For example

T.I.L. When someone does in a hospital gown, they reuse it.

Think about that shit the next time you have to put a gown on. Some poor bastard might've died in this gown. That's like the morgue donating shit to Goodwill just ain't right.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
rotflmao

My wife was laughing at your disgust the other night when you asked that!

I don't know why think of these things. It's jacked up though man. That's like the morgue getting some dead gang banger and the mortician being like. "Damn, except for the bullet holes that's a nice jacket. We should put that in the donation pile to give to coats for the homeless. Then you have some homeless guy all happy that he got a new coat. Until he notices four bullet holes in it. Tell me he's not going to put his finger through one of those holes and go "that's fucked up man." All I'm saying is, people should not be made to wear clothes other people died in. You know they charged the dead guy $425 for that gown anyway. I know the rising cost of healthcare has put a strain on hospitals but damn. Seriously. Is this where we're at. I'm not even going to ask if they use the same thermometer for butt holes as they do mouths. I don't give a damn if it's got that little plastic sleeve on it or not, that was in somebody's ass. Would it really set ya back that much to buy another thermometer. Maybe throw a lite label on it that says rectum only.

You guys go ahead and laugh at me if you want to. Next time this white boy goes to the hospital he's showing up with his own gowns and thermometer. Putting this shit in my living will too. I don't have a do not recessitate. I have a don't be dressing me up a dead peoples clothes and putting things in my mouth that's been in someone's ass. Should go without saying but I guess not.

I'm about to change your life. The next time you're sitting at the doctors office in some gown with a thermometer in your mouth you'll remember this. Some little nurse trying to make small talk waiting for the thing to beep. You ain't listening. The only thing you'll be thinking is This thing in my mouth has been in somebody's ass.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
OK, I had to ask the wife. The rectal thermometers have a Red tip, and the oral ones have either blue or white. Also, if someone dies in the gown, they are sent to the funeral home directly in the gown, and the funeral home disposes of it. If said person is scheduled for autopsy, the hospital morgues are just for storage, as basically all autopsies are done wherever the coroner takes them too, usually a certain funeral home they normally do it at. And those people are always shipped in whatever they were wearing and the gowns are not returned. The wife also says, with a giggle, whoever I am asking these questions for is fucked up.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
And how in the hell I'm I to know which color is which and then to remember that when it's that time? OK waiting for a answer. LOL

Anal thermometers are a different color than oral ones. NO NOT THAT COLOR EITHER.....

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Well my joke answer is the difference between the two is the taste...

Anal ons are red, others are any other color

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Anal thermometers are a different color than oral ones. NO NOT THAT COLOR EITHER.....

Sweet baby Jesus that's good to know! Know what else would be good to know. What color are they? Ya Goober! You can't tell me this then not tell me what color they are. I'll be sitting in the doctors office next time with a blue one in my mouth thinking they're screwing with me. And don't you mess with me either and tell me the oral colored one is really the butt colored one. Good way to read about my next doctor visit on the news. "Kiss my ass nurse! You're trying to trick me! My buddy told me the blue ones are for assholes." Next thing you know I'll be calling the service number on the back of the damn machine asking the manufacture for verification. I mean I kind a hoped this was the case. I mean it's logical to have two different ones. But I kinda lost a lot of faith when I found out they make you wear dead people's clothes

Okay looks like you edited it to say they were red. Now you got me all worried you didn't originally remember that. Like you had to go look it up or something.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Joe of all the things in life too worry about this would be close too the bottom of my list brother....... lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Joe of all the things in life too worry about this would be close too the bottom of my list brother....... lol

After the quarry incident of nearly drowning, I thought you would quit worrying about trivial matters such as this. I thought you were out of give a flips about things? :smiley_crocodile:

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Sweet baby Jesus that's good to know! Know what else would be good to know. What color are they? Ya Goober! You can't tell me this then not tell me what color they are. I'll be sitting in the doctors office next time with a blue one in my mouth thinking they're screwing with me. And don't you mess with me either and tell me the oral colored one is really the butt colored one. Good way to read about my next doctor visit on the news. "Kiss my ass nurse! You're trying to trick me! My buddy told me the blue ones are for assholes." Next thing you know I'll be calling the service number on the back of the damn machine asking the manufacture for verification. I mean I kind a hoped this was the case. I mean it's logical to have two different ones. But I kinda lost a lot of faith when I found out they make you wear dead people's clothes

Okay looks like you edited it to say they were red. Now you got me all worried you didn't originally remember that. Like you had to go look it up or something.
Joe I didn't edit anything...just put in more info as you asked for it.

You are going to be a blast when it comes time for your colonoscopy in a few years.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Erin just verified "red is for rectal". But then she giggled a little. You better get multiple opinions from a less ornery crowd.

She verified red for rectum. Seriously. She did say if patient is a pain in the butt they switch them out sometimes. Be sure to compliment your nurse Joe.

Gowns seem like it varies from what she said and the guys on here said.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Ok, how about when some one dies and the funeral home is doing there thing do they put underwear on the person under their clothing? :smiley_confused_vra