Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Right church

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Wrong pew.

You stand in front of your tool box. "Which tool... which tool... Shotgun." Sometimes you grab a pistol. On occasion, you may get on a 17HMR or heaver varmint gun kick. Most times, it's a 22. Sometimes, its what's in season that dictates the tool. You head out the back door off into the woods on foot or the 4 wheeler. Sometimes it works out and you have the right tool for the job. Most times for me, its the wrong girl to bring to the dance. Tonight was no exception. I grabbed the shotgun, secured it to the gun rack and headed back into the woods on the 4 wheeler for a putt around thinking I may get lucky and find a early shed before the little antler chewing demons do.

I enjoy a slow putt in the woods this time of year. As I came into a open field looking west, the view was beautiful. Irregular mounds of snow laying down the tall grass an prickers to a broken roller-coaster. Dozen and dozens of small open-faced caves made of snow and weeds. Bunny heaven. . . The sun a couple of hours from setting, starting to display a texture of shadows in the church like view. . . Deer tracks from last night crossing in front of me andagoddamcoyotenot40yardsinfrontofme!!!!SoB!!!

I grab for my trusty tool and stop in mid reach. a shotgun... I brought, a shotgun.

It COULD have been a rifle... It could have even been a excellent handgun shot when he stopped at 60 yards for 4-5 seconds on that mound...But Nooooooo. I had a shotgun with #6 high brass.

Right church, wrong pew.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So long as you unloaded some rounds his way and attempted, I think you will be forgiven my son. lmao

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Phil-I wanted to kill him. Not pepper him. There will be a next time...

Jay- Nope.12 gage. I did write to Winchester.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Phil-I wanted to kill him. Not pepper him. There will be a next time...

Jay- Nope.12 gage. I did write to Winchester.

They'll want shells and Lot # on the box, should send you a shipping label too send them back too them......

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
True. #6 at 60yds isn't exactly 4OT at 60yds. 4OT I think I would have taken a chance. lmao

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
P1040893.jpg

I had a box of shells I had not opened until he were loading up in the field that I took on the hunt w/ Jay and Sam. Of the full box, only 7 were NOT split at the brass.
I sent a couple of picts along with the lot. I'll let you know.