Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE 2008 Ford F-250XLT 4x4 6.4l powerstroke diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAC1989

Clark county
Selling my truck. Extended cab long bed. Truck has 65,5xx miles on it. Non smoker. Interior is very clean exterior is in good shape it does have a few small scratches and one dent above the left tail light (see pics). Tow package with built in electronic brake controller and a spray in bedliner. Asking $24,500 for it. Truck is dirty on the outside right now.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
man thats a nice truck! prices seems a little high to me, but I am far from an expert!

goodluck selling!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
HA! Obviously you haven't priced 4x4 diesel trucks lately! lmao

actually after I read this, I went and looked at pricing! I didn't realize how low of milage was on this truck. That is a great price! I found some darn good pricing, even on newer year trucks but they all have 200+ miles!!

I stand corrected! Godlike Selling!

NAC1989

Clark county
actually after I read this, I went and looked at pricing! I didn't realize how low of milage was on this truck. That is a great price! I found some darn good pricing, even on newer year trucks but they all have 200+ miles!!

I stand corrected! Godlike Selling!

Thanks! That's what I had to do before I came up with that price based on what I saw others listed for. Most of those were the same price for a comparable truck with double the miles or more.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If it were the 6.7L I might consider taking a look at it. Then again, I am not sure I am going diesel next time.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
LOL, why?!?!

I don't want to derail the guy's classified. It is a good looking truck. I like my 95 F450 with 7.3 PS diesel. I like my 99 F550 with 7.3 PS diesel. My 06 F350 with 6.0 PS diesel carries a load well with plenty of power. Had to delete the EGR after several attempts to clean it and even replacing it once. So far, it has been okay. (Knock on wood.) The 6.7L I hear great things about and a buddy ran the dog snot out of his up to 130k miles before trading it in. That is all I am saying.

The truck listed here would be a sweet looking ride all detailed out. I am sure it would be a work horse. Solid front axle on Fords and Dodge's puts them in their own league for carrying loads. They hold up well to work abuse on the body and interior. Good stopping power. Nice looking trucks. I really like the green on this one. Just not sure I will go diesel again for my personal driver/work truck. Plus, with the kids growing like weeds I need a crew cab.

NAC1989

Clark county
I don't want to derail the guy's classified. It is a good looking truck. I like my 95 F450 with 7.3 PS diesel. I like my 99 F550 with 7.3 PS diesel. My 06 F350 with 6.0 PS diesel carries a load well with plenty of power. Had to delete the EGR after several attempts to clean it and even replacing it once. So far, it has been okay. (Knock on wood.) The 6.7L I hear great things about and a buddy ran the dog snot out of his up to 130k miles before trading it in. That is all I am saying.

The truck listed here would be a sweet looking ride all detailed out. I am sure it would be a work horse. Solid front axle on Fords and Dodge's puts them in their own league for carrying loads. They hold up well to work abuse on the body and interior. Good stopping power. Nice looking trucks. I really like the green on this one. Just not sure I will go diesel again for my personal driver/work truck. Plus, with the kids growing like weeds I need a crew cab.

I know I wont go with another diesel, hence my reason for selling. I had a 2007 Chevy 2500 with the 6.6l duramax diesel and that was the best truck I'd ever owned and never should've sold, great fuel mileage on that truck I'd get up to 24mpg with it.

This truck is a different story, after Obama's enviro nazi EPA actions all 2008 and newer Diesel engines required emissions systems that kill the fuel mileage. This truck will only get 15-16 mpg highway and 12 city driving. It's better fuel mileage then the equivalent model with a gasoline engine, but at the same time when your paying $1 more per gallon I don't know if you save any with the diesel, it will get get better mpg towing then a gas will do that's the only place you save any on fuel cost. I don't know if they've gotten the newer trucks emissions systems to be anymore efficient than this but I do know they are far more complicated than the 2008 systems

I know that doesn't sound good on my part trying to sell this truck, but I'm going to be honest with you guys at the same time. This truck is more fitted to and would be great for someone who will work it all the time to make money with it or only use it occasionally to haul a big ass camper for vacations and what not. It's definitely not well suited for a daily driver for me who right now doesn't get much income during the winter.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I know I wont go with another diesel, hence my reason for selling. I had a 2007 Chevy 2500 with the 6.6l duramax diesel and that was the best truck I'd ever owned and never should've sold, great fuel mileage on that truck I'd get up to 24mpg with it.

This truck is a different story, after Obama's enviro nazi EPA actions all 2008 and newer Diesel engines required emissions systems that kill the fuel mileage. This truck will only get 15-16 mpg highway and 12 city driving. It's better fuel mileage then the equivalent model with a gasoline engine, but at the same time when your paying $1 more per gallon I don't know if you save any with the diesel, it will get get better mpg towing then a gas will do that's the only place you save any on fuel cost. I don't know if they've gotten the newer trucks emissions systems to be anymore efficient than this but I do know they are far more complicated than the 2008 systems

I know that doesn't sound good on my part trying to sell this truck, but I'm going to be honest with you guys at the same time. This truck is more fitted to and would be great for someone who will work it all the time to make money with it or only use it occasionally to haul a big ass camper for vacations and what not. It's definitely not well suited for a daily driver for me who right now doesn't get much income during the winter.

You will have no problem selling this truck, your honesty simply matches what most 3/4-1 ton guys know on this model year. This is a well taken care of ride by the looks of things, but I agree, never should have let that 07 duramax go!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
5cent is correct. Guys shopping serious know this. Your candid approach will be appreciated by potential buyers. Our dump trucks are diesel. Why? There is a bigger selection of them available in the used market and we don't put many miles on them. Poor mileage isn't a concern. My 06 Dodge was bought because I WANTED a pre 2008 truck with the 5.9L Cummins. I spent more on a 5yr old truck with low miles for a reason. I flew to MS and drove it home for a reason. The govt has things jacked up. Sadly, it isn't just the emissions. I get better mileage with my 2000 Dodge than my 2006 with same motor and gear ratio. Doesn't make sense. Mileage on every diesel I own dropped with the introduction of ultra low sulfer diesel. The govt doesn't give two shits about the environment. They make more fuel tax with vehicles getting worse mileage. Most fuel is consumed by semis and big trucks. They hit everyone with a diesel though. It was calculated and done to make more money for the govt but they did it in the name of "save the environment." Bull shit. Consuming more fossil fuels is not in everyone's best interest. It is in the best interest of fuel tax income.

Sorry. Had to rant. Thus, I drive a Honda most days and use my truck when I need a truck.

NAC1989

Clark county
Completely agree hicks! The emission system makes no sense in the fact that it burns more fuel to burn soot, therefore even more burnt fossil fuel leading to the so called global warming the enviro nazis constantly cry about . Makes perfect sense to the govt though getting more tax dollars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.