Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moose Plows

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I caught the tail end of our last little blast of cold air and around 10-12" of snow coming home this week. NOW. I know some of you push snow all season so this wont be much fun to you. ( Hell, when I was younger I spent 4-5 seasons plowing so I get it)

I like to plow snow. Mostly with a truck or jeep and least with a tractor. 2 seasons ago I started looking into plows for my big 750 Brute. I settled on the "Moose" plow line.
I got the 5' unit. A large plate attaches easily to the bottom of the machine after removing the plastic skid plate. It stays mounted all winter
season. The plow > 2 arms are quick pinned to the plate. Clip in the front hoist and your ready to go! 5 min. max and probably closer to 2 to rig up (or off) The arm yokes only cost me about 1.75 inches of clearance but that's no big deal to me in the snow. Our driveway is about a 1/4 mile. Half open fields and 1/2 woods. It had no trouble pushing the snow as I work my way to the outside edges cutting ever widening paths. The blade is spring backed so if on occasion I hit a root, rock of lump of ice, it will fold over. Adjustable skid plates work well on my dirt road. Hitting just the right speed to get a curl going can really throw the snow. I would buy another Moose Plow. They are will made. The review was spur-of-the-moment. Our driveway is long as you can see in the picts but this makes plowing it fun.

P1040875.jpg

P1040878.jpg

P1040879.jpg

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Very nice Jim! I need to get something for here at the house. Shoveling our place is going to kill me one of these days. Been contemplating a blower since plowing would be kind of difficult for our driveway/parking area.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have had Cycle Country, Moose, and Blackline plows for quads. The Blackline was clearly the Cadillac. The price reflected it. I would second the Moose over the Cycle Country. Both work well though. Good choice Jim. Glad it is working out well for you.

Most fun I had plowing on a quad was opening the neighbor's pond so she could ice skate. Well, her, my kids, her kids, whoever wanted. Hammer down, throwing snow as you make laps around the pond is awesome!