Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Giant raccoon.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A buddy sent me this pic today.He said
A guy he works with has friends in Wisconsin that caught this 56 pound coon.
That is huge as i remember back when i was younger my dad caught 8 one night coon hunting and one weighed 45 pds and it looked like a cub bear compared to the other ones.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421274362029.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421274362029.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 136

yotehunter

spencerville oh
In my hay day of coon hunting. My hunting buddy and I took a dog up to Wisconsin to sell and hunted up there for a weekend and we killed four coon and they ranged between 26 and 34 lbs. It was unreal the size of there coon up there. Not as many but but they have big coon up there. When them basturds hit the ground you thought the hole tree came down when you shot lol. It was unreal.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I don't know anything about how big coons can get but I think they had a real short dude hold it for the picture. That cabinet and toolbox look unusually tall.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Coonskin cap for Shaquille O'Neil :smiley_crocodile:

That's guys probably about 5'7" or 5'8" - the base of that toolbox is probably 28-30" high

Dat's a bigass coon

Jamie

Ohio
that pic is a bit deceiving, but that is one humungous coon. my buddy and I caught a giant coon in a leg hold trap when we were in high school. was a regrettable experience. we were trapping along a well know creek just outside of a metro park/golf course in an eastern suburb of Columbus, and in the city limits to boot. we knew what we were doing was not legal, so we did not dare dispatch any critters with even .22 shorts. beat that 44# coon to death with a steel pipe. have not set a trap since. one of the most awful things I've ever done. that was the biggest coon I've ever seen in person. wish I hadn't.