Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Bowtech Prodigy

I originally posted a basically a sort review of this bow in the picture thread. However, since I went through all the trouble of writing it I decided to post it in it's own thread. :smiley_coolpeace:

I picked it up today and have been messing around with it all afternoon. Jessie was really excited when she got home from work. I set the bow in my draw length at first. I tuned it, set timing and center shot. I put a ripcord code red on it and a rad peep. I messed around with all three setting on the power disc cam. The power disc allows you to change the cam geometry from speed (setting 1) to comfort (setting 3). With the bow in setting one felt identical to my Hoyt Spyder Turbo 2013. Setting number 3 is very smooth and you can hardly feel the valley. Setting number 2 is somewhere in between. I really like this feature it lets you have your speed for hunting and 3d. Then gives you the option of a super smooth draw cycle for high arrow count indoor shoots. The bow also has a very solid back wall. I could feel very little vibration and no hand shock. I like how one turn in or out equals one pound on the limb bolts. The dual yokes in the cables makes this bow a dream to tune. I have absolutely no lean in either cam. I also like how this grip feels compared to past Bowtechs. After I was done playing around with it I set it to Jessie's draw length and rechecked timing. No tuning adjustments were needed her after draw length which is 27" (mine is 29"). Just waiting for her sight and stabilizer to get here. Bowtech has a winner here and if I was looking to buy a bow it would be at the top of the list.

The bow is tuned so the arrow sits pretty close to the center of the berger hole.

The center shot sits really close to the center of the grip.

The cams have really nice fit and finish. I also like the really well done lazer etched hash marks for adjusting the cams

Specs

Ill have more to come when her sight and stabilizer get here

Last edited:

teej89

NE PA
good stuff! I bought a bowtech, was frowned upon by everybody and their brother but I love it man. Granted I really want a prime now... lol