Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Summer Gathering - Mingo Sportsman Club - July 24-26

Where should we have the shoot?

• Cotty's Club - NE OH

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Cardinal Center - Central OH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesse's Farm - SE OH

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • State Facility in Central Ohio

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
With the hunting seasons winding down and snow piling up it's time to think warmth and more importantly our Summer Bow Shoot and gathering. In years past we have used Woodbury and one summer even had a bow shoot and gathering with one of our members. With Woodbury camping no longer permitted starting this year we are looking for a new place to gather and have some fun shooting bows and even shooting some trap and long gun range if possible.

If you have never been to a TOO gathering you might not know that we bring a good size group that cook and eat like kings along with some adult beverages and have been known to have sing alongs next to the roaring fire until 2-3am lmao.

With that in mind it's time to start tossing out ideas of where to go this summer.

Coordinates to Camp Site: 40.320131, -80.739850

Coordinates to Closest/Last Spot for Beer/Ice/Gas: 40.373221, -80.731727

Each party - i.e. all attendees and TheOhioOutdoors.com, comprised of Joe Wilson, Jesse Roush, the members, representatives, and affiliates of TheOhioOutdoors.com - shall be responsible for its own liability arising from its attendance and involvement in this function. WE ARE NOT responsible for any accidents, injuries, or deaths. You are attending this event by your own free will and agree to indemnify and hold harmless TheOhioOutdoors.com for any claim, demand, cost, liability, loss, or damage suffered as a result of attending this function.

Last edited by a moderator:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was going to do a little research and offer up a few options for us. I'll try to do that ASAP.

One thought I had is I'm sure we have plenty of targets amongst us to host our own shoot. Thought if there was some interest in doing so, we could camp at our farm. We can set up a course along our trails and raise hell on private ground. Guys could bring quads and we could ride a little. Plenty of room for trap also. We could even go to my uncles farm which would offer some great trail riding. Just a thought.

teej89

NE PA
I was going to do a little research and offer up a few options for us. I'll try to do that ASAP.

One thought I had is I'm sure we have plenty of targets amongst us to host our own shoot. Thought if there was some interest in doing so, we could camp at our farm. We can set up a course along our trails and raise hell on private ground. Guys could bring quads and we could ride a little. Plenty of room for trap also. We could even go to my uncles farm which would offer some great trail riding. Just a thought.

That's a great idea! The last two years i've had weddings or vacations and couldn't make either. I'm making it happen this year. A farm sounds like the best idea but if not there's always cardinal campground north of columbus. Great 3D course and has bag targets and trap shooting too.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Cardinal gets my vote. The Sporting Clays course is SO much fun and relatively cheap. If we call we could probably get a discount also.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Cardinal is a great facility and would be a fine option. However it costs money. You have to pay to camp. Pay to shoot trap. Pay to shoot bows. Plus you have rules to follow. At my place, it's all free and no rules. I'm not opposed to Cardinal, just offering up a different option.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's a great idea! The last two years i've had weddings or vacations and couldn't make either. I'm making it happen this year. A farm sounds like the best idea but if not there's always cardinal campground north of columbus. Great 3D course and has bag targets and trap shooting too.

That's out if you ask me. Only allowed up to 8 people per site and QUIET time will be observed from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.CAMPFIRES in fire rings only.
ONE fire ring and picnic table per site, please.
NO ATV’s, mini-bikes or dirt bikes may be used to drive
about the grounds.
GOLF CARTS must be driven by licensed drivers only;
and may only be driven on roads and golf cart paths.
ONLY 2 vehicles per site. Utility trailers, boats and
extra vehicles may be parked in storage area for $30 per
month.

teej89

NE PA
Hahaha well shoot sounds like a concentration camp. I retract my original suggestion. No one wants those rules cuz it's inevitable that they'll get broken. I've never stayed there before just shot 3d there.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Cardinal is a great facility and would be a fine option. However it costs money. You have to pay to camp. Pay to shoot trap. Pay to shoot bows. Plus you have rules to follow. At my place, it's all free and no rules. I'm not opposed to Cardinal, just offering up a different option.

$33 per night and it's another $5 per person up to 8 people. We would need 2-4 spots at minimum I would think.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am not opposed to Jesse's place but that is a huge haul for someone North of me. Would probably limit participation for them again.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Ya buddy! I have a quad perfect for the trails!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just gonna throw this out there. Although it's not centrally located, I might be able to pull some strings at Mingo Sportsman to do this. They have a nice 3d range with a large variety of targets along a really nice scenic walk through the hardwoods, a rifle range that goes well out to 300 yards, and a real nice place to camp by a beautiful lake. The campsite is way back in the woods and has a shelter house on the spot. We could get as loud as wanted. Clay shooting could be done just about anywhere in the strip fields.

Quads could be brought as well and there is some real good riding. For a minimal fee, I'm fairly confident I could make it happen if this is something that interests the masses.

Also, for more shooting, the state rifle range is 5 minutes out the road.

The "Creek" trail is worth the trip alone for a great quad ride. Very scenic and muddy!

If this doesn't interest the masses, no big deal... just throwing it out there.