Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A walk down memory lane

Lundy

I was looking through some old game cam and pictures that I have taken with a 35mm camera during gun seasons over the years.

Brought back a lot of great memories, these are a few of my favorites.

Game camera from last week

Old game camera

Lundy

Is that doe sleeping?

Yes, forever. I had just shot her and that buck walked up out of the ravine.

This is when he first saw her. He stared for about 20 seconds and then calmly walked across the field.

Lundy

very cool pics lundy hope you can get on one this weeknd.

Plenty of young bucks running around including 3-4 new ones that just showed up last week we have never seen before, hopefully a more mature buck wanders through at some point or I will be eating tag ternderloins

Lundy

That buck with the doe I had just shot were not together prior to the shot. She was one of 5 deer that were crossing the field from left to right and he was coming up out of the ravines traveling the opposite direction. I had shot her about 15 minutes earlier and was just enjoying a cup of coffee before I started working on her That field is a couple hundred yards across. He was just walking and came across one of his old girlfriends laying in the field.

The picture with the two young bucks along the fence is one that may not look like much but certainly one I will always remember fondly. It was mid day, mid week of gun season and these two young bucks spent almost an 1/2 hour walking back and forth along that fence mirroring each others moves, each was posturing for the other, it was very entertaining to watch. They eventually came within 5 ft feet of my blind before the one on my side finally got downwind and knew something was up.