Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Made it so far..

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Just found out today that a couple of bucks that we got pictures of in August have made it...How they made it is beyond me..We thought they all got killed..However..they look very run down/emaciated..I hope they will make it through the winter..Ill post pics of them in August and now..

In this pic the one in the middle made it..we have no idea about the right one..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He looks run down in this photo. Nice rack on a young buck! Split brows?

One on the right is a stud.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Here's the one in the middle of the above pic..He looks very run down...Where hes been for the last 4 months is beyond me..

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Here's another guy that made it so far...This fellow hung around until about Nov3rd..then he dissappeared for 3 weeks..I guess he went on a "walk about"...He finally should up again..Again..he dont look very good..

rrr

Is this in Ohio on public ground, or down in West-by-God-Virginia??

Just wonder how you run the cams

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Very nice bucks. It amazes me how run down they get during the rut. This year was really hard on them because the rut hit and no sooner then it was over and gun season started. They have been doing nothing but running themselves to death this year.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Thanks guys..

JD,,,The capture i bought after i saw your pics was stolen..I took a chance and it was gone in a week...I miss that camara..it took crystal clear pics...This cam is my huntin buddies...He lives back here but drives to Ohio for work..When he gets off work he runs and checks the cam.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Thanks guys..

JD,,,The capture i bought after i saw your pics was stolen..I took a chance and it was gone in a week...I miss that camara..it took crystal clear pics...This cam is my huntin buddies...He lives back here but drives to Ohio for work..When he gets off work he runs and checks the cam.

Did you have it in the security box???

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
..Another new buck showed up... Not sure but this has got to be close to 30 different bucks from this spot since August. From a hunters veiwpoint it would look to be a ridiculous spot to hunt...I have no idea where these bucks are coming from...its crazy.

Bucks are Nomadic Wonderers...its no reason they are hard to kill.

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
This is at my buddies workshop..when he gets off work he runs out back and checks the cam..No..its not publicland. I mentioned that earlier. I put my cam out on my publicland spot in October and it got stolen...i wont do that again.

"self absorbed"..wtf??..

Im just sending you guys pictures of Ohio bucks that made it through the season..I thought you guys would enjoy ...It always has to turn into some kind of f'n pissing match...Just enjoy the god dam pics for krist sakes.

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Thanks fellows..

I expect pictures every Monday evening( i will pass them along to you guys)...My buddy gets off work and checks the cam(His boss is actually getting fed up)..he then sends the pics to me..Its a ridiculous spot..Factories..houses everywhere..highways..very little woods..We cant figure out where all these bucks are living and where the are coming from...its nuts.

Last edited: