Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Challenge: Same deer?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
First set of pics are from August 2013.
072.jpg073.jpg077.jpg

Second set of pics are from yesterday. Cam locations are about 100 yards apart.
IMAG0126.jpgIMAG0129.jpgIMAG0139.jpgIMAG0162.jpg

Feel free to chime in on a score for the recent pics. He's the best I've had on cam in at least a year. I know he's not a giant, but he rekindled the flame for me this season and I'm setting up on him tomorrow. Hoping he hangs around for me or one of the boys to get a crack.

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I can't give you an answer about it being the same deer, but he looks like he'd go around 125". He looks a lot like the buck I killed this year. Good luck with him Cotty!

Last edited:

Diablo54

Outside
Different deer. 123". He should have grown more . if he was a 2 year old last year you would have thunk he would have made a bigger jump. But what do I know lol.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Well Mike, IMO both bucks are different deer. The one taken in August has shorter tines on his left side. He is pretty much done growing by then. He's still in velvet, but scores in the 110-1(teens) as a 2.5 year old. The most resent buck is a 3.5 year old scoring in the 120's somewhere, prolly 124-126".
I hope you can get a crack at him buddy!

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Didn't notice that about being different years. Good chance it is the same deer them. Very very similar rack. He didn't grow much. Could be his max potential

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I agree with Strothers23, the beam tips are different but they are very close in being the same caliber in size. The middle pic in the August group and the last one in the second batch shows the best comparison IMO.
I'm 100% sure its a different deer if that matters...lol
Looks to be in the 123-128 gross range to me Mike.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Well Mike, IMO both bucks are different deer. The one taken in August has shorter tines on his left side. He is pretty much done growing by then. He's still in velvet, but scores in the 110-1(teens) as a 2.5 year old. The most resent buck is a 3.5 year old scoring in the 120's somewhere, prolly 124-126".
I hope you can get a crack at him buddy!

yep that's what I noticed.