Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer survey

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Started filling out my survey. Some questions are cut and dry: What county did you primarily hunt? Or: How many days did you hunt?

Others simply do not offer answers which fit my feelings. Questions 26/27 are two of them. I most certainly have an opinion, so "no opinion" or "no strong feelings towards how deer population goals are set" simply do not work for my answer. Unfortunately, the other answers are very off base as well. The problem I have with these two questions are the inaccurate "facts" they use to formulate the questions.

Hopefully, these questions are legible in the images I am posting. My cell camera sucks. I snapped pics of the screen on my laptop. Sorry.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419387886021.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419387886021.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 79
  • uploadfromtaptalk1419387906069.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419387906069.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 66

Lundy

I saw those two questions today also.

They are leading questions to allow survey takers to arrive at only their preconceived conclusion.

If they would have included an option for higher population of deer in good condition I would, and well as most would I believe, choose that option. By not offering that answer they telling us that they have concluded that you can't have both, which we all know is not the case if you deer hunted 6- 10 years ago.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Quite frankly, the questions pissed me off. They were comical, although far from amusing. They want hunters to be the fall guy. I can see it later "You the hunters said you wanted a less healthy deer herd in the surveys." Bull crap. They don't offer a choice which is accurate. Boiling as I type this. I am done ranting. These questions sucked. Full of lies. Full of inaccurate information. No "good" answer choices.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I'd rather slam my Dick in a door than answer their survey.. Save the fuggin stamp

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Look no further than the suburbs, metro parks and CVNP. These areas hold tremendous deer density with high quality.

It is hilarious to talk with my co-workers here in North Olmsted. They home locations range from Avon, Avon Lake, Westlake, Bay Village, North Olmsted, Olmsted Falls, Brunswick, Medina, Independence, etc.....and every single one of them tells me there are too many deer!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got a buddy over that direction. Sends me pictures from his kitchen window. Piebald deer, big bucks, etc. In the backyard in his neighborhood.

I think the biggest issue here for me is how it is worded.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry. Not sure what happened. Special link to survey which might be valid for one use only? I dunno. Figured it would be a generic link to the survey.