Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

So Proud of This Man's Kill

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Last year I posted a picture of a coyote that a friend had shot with his crossbow.

Anyway, Justin is a good shot with coyotes, squirrels, you name it, until it comes to deer.

On the last day of gun season, he hunted here and took his first doe EVER. Seems anytime a deer steps out, he gets too nervous to settle in for the kill. That happened on that kill, as he hit it in the ass, which stopped her but didn't kill her. He had to get down and shoot her in the head. I'm not sure where he aimed, but her face was basically split in two when I saw her, so we didn't take a picture.

Well, that seemed to build his confidence enough that he went out a few hunts later and took his first crossbow kill doe.

I'm really happy for him. He's been gone for 3-4 months training at Bennington to be a Ranger Scout and is only home for 90 days before being deployed for a year.

justin-first-bow-kill.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Lots of deer killing at your place this year. Sounds like you still have (or had) plenty of deer. That's a good thing!

How is ZJ doing? Is he getting to hunt at all?

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
How is ZJ doing? Is he getting to hunt at all?

He's been hunting quite a bit, just hasn't taken one yet. He's developed this bad habit of rushing to pull the trigger, thereby jerking the shot and missing. He's going again tonight.