Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I know a lil sum'n sum'n

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Got my first bow kill tonight! Came to full draw on a young doe but was never offered a good shot and had to let off after a couple minutes. She walked off with another small doe. As soon as they walked off coyotes started howling like crazy 30-50 yds away but I couldn't see them. I took a video of the sound but couldn't figure out how to put it on here. About ten minutes later some of the pack started making it's way past the food plot. A deer busted out of the brush 20 yds from me that I had no idea was there. Some of the coyotes almost shimmered like they were part golden retriever. One smaller gray one came into the plot and I took a video of it not expecting it to offer me a shot, would've also posted that if I could. He started moving past me and I sat my phone in my lap and grabbed the bow. He stopped to sniff/lick my trophy rock so I drew back settled the pin and let it fly in under two seconds. He did a front flip with blood flying everywhere and tore ass for ten yards and collapsed. It was just a yote but I was still shaking for ten minutes lol. Now I just need to kill about 50 more and the property will be good. It looked like my arrow tore straight through the heart and out the opposite shoulder. Couldn't find the arrow but I'll check tomorrow on my way to another spot.
Entrance hole:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419043256.713733.jpg
Exit hole:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419043288.125580.jpg