Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Video Blog

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So I've been kicking an idea for a couple months now and I see I'm not the only one on this page...

I wish I had the time and money to make a show. I wouldn't kill shit. But it would be funny. Haha

I agree Taylor. I think I could make one hell of a entertaining show

I have also thougt this same thing myself. I would never kill a big buck on film haha but I bet I would be entertaining. Just dont have the time to put into it, espically for what you will get out of it. (most of the time)

What I was thinking about was a video blog posted on a weekly (or bi-weekly) basis very similar to the Midwest Whitetail format. Content would be supplied by TOO members and would encompass all of our outdoor endeavors throughout the course of the year. I am considering getting some basic editing software and learning to edit video (to the best of my ability and allotment of time) so that I could produce a crude video blog that captured the true spirit of our site.

So, IF I was to do this and get the ball rolling, how many of you would be willing to take a video camera afield to provide me with content? I'll supply you a thumb drive that you can load your material on and send it to me, you we can set something up online. I will act as the "host" and we'll put together a pilot episode to see what you all think, then we can mold/shape it as we go.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Do it. I don't think most of the guys here give a crap about fame or making money hunting. Pipe dream? Well, yeah. Reality? Nope. I would contribute.

Need a spoof video done at one of the shoots or TOO gatherings about all the gimmick products.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The sole purpose for the content will be for our consumption. I think it will make for some good laughs and maybe, just maybe, even some great kills on video.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've been toting a little handycam the last couple of seasons. It isn't pro-grade material, obviously, but I like to have it as I usually get footage of Mason shooting stuff...and I want to hang onto that. You are welcome to whatever I have or will get.

BTW, I don't even know what a thumb-drive is, but it sounds painful.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
In retrospect, I wish I would have had my cam for my "on the ground" buck kill.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I think this idea sounds AWESOME and FUN! The first time I see a 70" shed and have my camera running you might need to edit some audio during the initial fist pumping moment though! LMAO

Mark me down as a contributor. If enough of our TOO family were to get on board with this it would be an awesome addition to our forum, IMO!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Oh, the first time we all get some video of Jesse working his grill out of the duck blind he'll be an overnight sensation and on his way to stardom! Rotflmao

Most if not all of us have video capability on our phones, just need to capture that moment. Would we just send you the video clip then Jesse and you'd edit it? I think that would be a lot of fun and get more to use what they can to take the video. For me I don't know how to edit things so I care less about capturing much other than something to throw on Facebook for friends to see. Maybe this would change that??

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Word from the grapevine has a gopro coming my way for Xmas.... We'll See how accurate that is lol... I can add bunnies and bass lol

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sounds like a fun idea and would/could help other members by picking up on things and asking questions about the video. I don't see a downside to doing this at all. I know we have talked about doing something along these lines off and on for the past few years and I think you might have fixed the biggest issue by using the thumb drive to get video from members.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia