Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Escaped deer killed

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Hey I say good for the young lad!! He hunted it just like he was hunting any other deer in the wild, there loss and his gain I say. Plus he save $$$$$$$$ by not going to "The Pen" to hunt. :smiley_clap:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good for the kid. IMO, they are only easy to kill when inside the fence. My guess is that deer still had enough wild hairs on his ass to be a worthy adversary. And if not, good for the kid.

Kaiser878

ohio
Thats about 15 min from my house. Here's two more that were killed gun week. Opening day of gun season those hillbillies had their Busch light and slug guns and were on a mission. All 4 of the escapes were killed. 2 were killed 4 miles from pen on same property.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418663848422.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418663848422.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 93
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418663857521.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418663857521.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 88

teej89

NE PA
Thats about 15 min from my house. Here's two more that were killed gun week. Opening day of gun season those hillbillies had their Busch light and slug guns and were on a mission. All 4 of the escapes were killed. 2 were killed 4 miles from pen on same property.

man if that second buck just had a little better brow tine length he woulda been a monster! lmao

Congrats to the kid tho, no shame in killing that buck.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Man that outfit lost some big money there. But 4 hunters got bucks of a lifetime at no cost.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio

I guess my question is if these were two escapes from "The Pen" where are the tags or did these Wahoo's remove them before taking pictures? :smiley_chinrub:

I give "Kudos" to the kid though with his comment about leaving the tag in the ear when he gets it mounted. :smiley_clap:

Last edited:

Kaiser878

ohio
The guy in the orange hoodie ripped the tag out and tries the pass it as a wild deer. He was quickly shut down. Douchebag.....

This is the problem with pen deer. IMO the owner of the deer should be fined heavily for all escaped deer. This is how CWD is introduced into the wild.

All the people down there knew the deer were pen deer. I can honestly say of i knew it was a pen deer....I probably wouldn't shoot it. I have no qualms with the people for shooting them.... but not something I'm into.....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I that same pic of the guy in the orange hoodie on Facebook, trying to pass it as a wild deer. Biggest loser ever, IMO.

angelzd28

Yeah my dad sent me the picture of the orange hoody guy, said the same thing, he tried to pass it off as a wild kill. Atleast own up to the fact it was an escaped deer!