Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

the cheapest gun semi auto 22 out there

catsmeow

VT
I hear this is the cheapest of 22lr guns semi-auto out there if you know of one cheaper please let me know

Marlin Model 795 :smiley_depressive:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If it's sold by Marlin it's a good gun. Just remember that cheap going is may not be cheap in dollars in the long run.

I hear this is the cheapest of 22lr guns semi-auto out there if you know of one cheaper please let me know

Marlin Model 795 :smiley_depressive:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
You get what you pay for.

What do you intend to use the gun for? (hunting, plinking, target)

O and welcome to the site!

Last edited:
The marlin 795 is a good 22. They are sometimes on sale for a 100 bucks. The savage bolt action mark 2s are also excellent. I have a mark 2 fsvr it is excellent. With the way 22 ammo is being produced right now i think a bolt action is the way to go. Simply because having higher quality ammo is not required to make the rifle cycle.

Last edited:

catsmeow

VT
The marlin 795 is a good 22. They are sometimes on sale for a 100 bucks. The savage bolt action mark 2s are also excellent. I have a mark 2 fsvr it is excellent. With the way 22 ammo is being produced right now i think a bolt action is the way to go. Simply because having higher quality ammo is not required to make the rifle cycle.

Thats a good thought about the selection of ammo :smiley_chinrub:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
If it's sold by Marlin it's a good gun. Just remember that cheap going is may not be cheap in dollars in the long run.

You get what you pay for.

What do you intend to use the gun for? (hunting, plinking, target)

O and welcome to the site!

Two top sellers - venerable competitors - each with it's own strengths - the Alpha and Omega of semi-auto .22's:
Ruger 10/22 and Marlin Model 60

Don't go cheap. 'Cause eventually you'll want something better.

Sad reality - Archer's post about getting a bolt action because of ammo quality is something to consider.