Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Breaking a lock?

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
My grandson locked everyone out of the bathroom. The door has a lock that looks like a key lock. How do I get it open?

epe

Lancaster

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418161887939.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418161887939.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 52

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
No key! But my grand daughter may have a career as a lock-smith, which sounds SO much better than a thief!

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
My 3 year old locked himself in the bathroom once, I think he was 2. He went in and closed the door and opened a drawer on the other side of the door. Door would open about an inch and then hit the drawer. lol.. we were just standing there like oh crap. Eventually we were able to explain to him to close the drawer but me and the wife both panicked for a second. Luckily he didn't destroy anything or drink the shampoo or any of a million other things that were running through my mind that he might get into.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
When I was a kid, I locked myself in my grand parents bathroom. For some reason, it didn't have the actual door handle on it at the time. My Gramma slid crayons under the door, then had the fire department come and get me out.

I also shaved with Grampa's razor while I was waiting. lmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Is it a key hole or just a hole? A lot of interior doors have a hole in the handle so you can stick a straightened out paper clip in the hole and push to unlock the handle on the other side just incase things like this happen or a little one accidently locks themselves in.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Is it a key hole or just a hole? A lot of interior doors have a hole in the handle so you can stick a straightened out paper clip in the hole and push to unlock the handle on the other side just incase things like this happen or a little one accidently locks themselves in.

Yep. Pretty easy to open most interior doors.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I locked myself in the bathroom at church when I was about 4 or 5. I screamed so loud everyone in the sanctuary thought I had the spirit moving in me... They eventually got me out, and the demons. :)

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I thought it was a keyhole without my glasses on, but it wasn't. It was just an indented line, but no hole to pop a coat hanger in.

My grandson wasn't in there. He's 5 and thought it would be funny to lock everyone out (including himself). He didn't think it was so funny after I busted his ass for it.