Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Video Camera Mount on My Crossbow

HuntingAgain

Hello All,

First off, I know there is a Crossbow Sub-Forum but it doesn't get much activity so I posted this here. If it gets moved by a mod I understand. I have wanted to mount my compact video camera on my crossbow but had not got it done as I couldn’t find a mount that I like. Well I found the Muddy Outdoors Micro Camera Mount that I felt would work with no modifications to my crossbow. The mount is made to quickly attach to any arm or stand that it could be slid onto. I was hoping I could use the tightening screw to attach it to the bow using a hole already present. Well all seemed good except the handle on the screw knob was too large for clearance and I replaced it with a 5/16-18x1½ inch stainless steel bolt. I also placed 2 neoprene washers between both the bolt head and the bow and the camera mount / bow to reduce any vibration hopefully. I can mount and remove the mount easily without any tools.
I am including a small video of a 15 yard practice shot taken with the camera zoomed in way more than what I would in the woods as it exaggerates any movement. Disregard the exaggerated movement and shaking due to the zoomed in view. I really don't shake that bad and was aiming for the black dot in the red circle so it wasn't that bad.

Dennis

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2frntn1ev5p9zy/Video%20Camera%20Mounted%20on%20Crossbow.MTS?dl=0[/video]

Attachments

• IMAG0178.jpg
    IMAG0178.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMAG0180.jpg
    IMAG0180.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited: