Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jackson County Area ?

dthbyhoyt

N.Carolina
I know I live in NC and there are some folks in Ohio that hate for us " Out Of Staters " to hunt their deer , but I am going to ask anyways , I have been hunting in Ohio for 13 years now and really enjoy it , I hunt on public land just above Columbus , however I would like to find some land to lease in the Jackson County , Meigs County , Vinton County , Athens County ...

Would be 2-3 bowhunters ...
If anybody would be willing to help with some info , contacts . It would be greatly appreciated ..

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I see it lives on ..
What exactly did you expect? No offense, but IMO, going on a hunting forum and asking around for a lease is the most disrespectful thing a person could do. And on top of that, you wanna bring your buddies. Just about everyone here has done the research and put the time in to find land to hunt, and you want them to just give it up? You have to understand it just isn't as easy to find access, let alone good access anymore. Ohio is now considered a "big buck" state, and it has absolutely ruined the hunting. Many here have lost access to leasing, so we have a bit of a sour taste towards it all.

Diablo54

Outside
I see it lives on ..

I lost a property to some leasers 2 years ago. Dickheads, plain and simple. I have nothing against you coming here to hunt but do it the old fashioned way, knock on doors and make a relationship. All your doing is screwing someone else's hunting when you lease property. I'll let you lease our farm. 20,000$ per 1 year contract but I get to hunt too. There's your first offer! 87 acres of prime hunting!

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Look man, I'm one of the "hated" out of staters but I have to agree with Fluteman. You really shouldn't come on to another states public forum and ask how to gain access to hunting land. It's not that hard to scour the internet and find leasing companies, private ads and so forth. You can also take the time to knock on doors. With the internet there are plenty of resources you can use to find the info you need. For everybody everywhere (not just Ohio) finding and holding on to hunting land is getting harder every year. If you want to find land to hunt YOU need to put the work in.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Bottom line: You should have known better than to even ask. If you are no smarter than that, I question you having a weapon in our State to start with......someone will get hurt. Maybe you should look into BINGO or something less complicated.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
76 acres of prime ground. Food plots, stands and under QDM since 2006. $25K and I get to hunt for 2 weeks, no more. And I'll give you 2 years for that price. There's your third offer.

And Fluteman summed it up nicely. It gets old. Scratch that. It got old years ago.

Kaiser878

ohio
$1250..... 3 days. Fully guided.
130 P&Y minimum.
Draw blood your done.
Shoot any thing smaller than 130 its $500 extra.
Tuscarawas county ohio

Last edited:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Not a county in your list but...
5 acres in WILLIAMS Co.
$5,000/ 1 year and I get too hunt also. No guarantees that you'll kill a deer let alone see one.