Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IKS.... a youngin is a happy boy

Kaiser878

ohio
Last year I took my buddy and his little boy out and he shot his first deer with me, a doe. I had him out in youth season this year and he missed a 8pt bc he hit a limb....

Well tonight we headed back out to the blind at casa de kaiser. I had to talk him out of shooting a doe fawn... luckily within 5 .minutes of it showing up with a button Buck this 4 pt came strolling in. It was nerve racking because it was there for 15 minutes with no shot.... finally he gave gavyn a shot at about 40 yards. Heart shot deer don't go far. Hands down this is more fun than any deer I have or will ever shoot. This is why we hunt deer.....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417906856664.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417906856664.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 89

Jason Short

Wayne County
Nice! I think it's awesome when people take other people's kids hunting! A family friend of ours got me and 3 of my brothers our first deer when he took us (different years) because we didn't have anyone else to go with.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Fantastic! Glad to hear you enjoying every aspect of your deer season. Hunting, getting others on deer, helping a youth hunter. . . you have gotten a lot out of this season. Good on you man!