Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Any DIY ideas?

Jason Short

Wayne County
I'm just looking for something to do to occupy my time this winter and thought you guys might have some good ideas. We have enough venison to last us until next season so I am probably done deer hunting for the year. I might do a little rabbit and squirrel hunting along with saugeye fishing on the weekends, but I need something to do during the week. I work a few nights a week after school but don't have a regular enough job to keep me busy. I'm 17 so I can't do any big projects, I wanted to turn a jon boat into a little bass boat over the winter but my parents won't let me because of a lack of storage. So I'm just looking for little projects to keep me busy. Preferably related to hunting or fishing but give me any ideas you got. I've read through some things in this section of the forums and did a few little things but nothing that took any amount of time. Let me know if you guys come up with something before I go crazy haha

Jason Short

Wayne County
Haha I can't afford girls fellas :smiley_blink:
And I might trap next year, but one little problem I forgot to mention is I don't have my license cause I spent all my money on fishing stuff this summer :smiley_depressive:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
When I was 17 gas, cigarettes, and beer was 25 cents each. Can't say what they cost now as I don't smoke, drink beer and the wife pumps gas. LOL
At that time I drove a tractor 16 hrs. a day for 35 cent per hour. Then got a job for a 1.00 a hour and was in high heaven.

I did have a long trap line as long as the thieves left it alone.

Times have changed somewhat.

Jason Short

Wayne County
I might go back to doing what I did last winter which was fixing up baitcasting reels and re-selling them which got me a little extra cash! Did ya'll kill any animals when you were teenagers or did ya just chase girls 24/7??? :smiley_cheerleader:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I got my first bow when I was 17 and that helped light my fire. I just dabbled in hunting up to that point. Didn't become a full fledged obsession until I was 22 though. College was more about partying than it was hunting!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I might go back to doing what I did last winter which was fixing up baitcasting reels and re-selling them which got me a little extra cash! Did ya'll kill any animals when you were teenagers or did ya just chase girls 24/7??? :smiley_cheerleader:

I didn't chase girls.

Diablo54

Outside

All I did was kill stuff. Do you have a creek near you?

Jason Short

Wayne County
Yup I got a small crick (not quite big enough to be called a creek) right across the road. My little brother already traps the section closest to our house though, might look into trapping some other parts sometime