Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2014 rifle buck Kill PA at 344 yards! On film!

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Congrats on the buck. I've just never been a fan "hunting" with high power rifles and taking long shots. Just seems like long range target practice instead on hunting but that's my opinion. Also not a fan of the angle of the shot either. But it's legal so more power to you. Congrats

Last edited:

teej89

NE PA
what part of PA is this? I'm from central PA near altoona, definitely doesn't look like anywhere around there lol

Lundy

Congratulations I guess, I really hesitated before responding and pissing on your parade but there are so many things that I personally do not agree with or condone with your hunt.

Sorry

ridgerunner1234

That's OK Lundy. I appreciate your congratulations. My hunter was confident with his shot angle and confident with the distance as he is a full time guide in wyoming aand that distance isn't an issue but in hind sight after placing the first we both wish the deer was more broadside but could not take it back. We followed up with a fatal blow and ended up with a good deer and meat in the freezer. Thanks for watching and for the restraint. That's why I love this forum! Stand up guys that are not quick to put down

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Congratulations I guess, I really hesitated before responding and pissing on your parade but there are so many things that I personally do not agree with or condone with your hunt.

Sorry

X2. Not a fan of that shot angle, or long range rifle "hunting" either.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for giving us more info. I do not know your limits. That is out of my personal comfort range. After literally running to get into place, then taking the shot amped up on adrenaline. . . you are either very practiced and in good shape, or lucky. Most of us would need 10-20min to catch our breath and calm down on the sticks. Given the info about guiding in WY, I will assume you are very practiced and in good shape. Congratulations.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Judging by the fact that this was filmed and you were so quick to point out the distance, makes me think those two things mattered more than "meat in the freezer" or taking quality shots. Glad it worked out and you guys are happy with the result.

ridgerunner1234

Thank you to all comments and opinions. I just wanted to say that the video is now private. As hunters decisions are made in the heat of the moment and some of those decisions Are not always perfect but a quick harvest was made between brothers and it will be a memory we cherish! Thanks to all who watched

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What part of Armstrong? My homestead was near the Shelocta power plant if you have ever heard of that? I would be interested in seeing pictures of this said buck and congratulations on the Pa harvest....it is not as easy as some think as Pa rifle season gets quite a large population of hunters which just desimates deer herds

Not sure if you will see the guy back. I don't think anyone was trying to chase him off, but seems like he was offended. Everyone knows their limits. If Ridgerunner was within his personal limits, I am not knocking him. Frontal shot isn't for everyone. Distance is outside my personal abilities without many many rounds of practice. Just me.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well Phil he did say he loves this forum cause we say what we mean.Hell no need for him to run away so quick we all might get crap sometime on here but its never personal.
He ask our opinion and sure must not have liked it as some of us didn't even get a chance to watch or comment.