Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Athens now

Lundy

29 deg, frost, light NE wind

Back in part of property for the first time where I killed bucks last 3 years. It is really thick in here, the deer are on you quickly and close

4 does at 8:00 traveling through in a direction that is opposite of normal for morning. 3 does at 8:35 moving through in expected direction.

I have not had a good buck on camera in this area but in on the edge of 60 acres of nasty thick deer haven. Who knows what might wander through

Nice morning with more shots than I heard yesterday

Lundy

Well, nothing since 8:30. Overcast, no wind at all, it is too quiet in here. Just unwrapping some crackers sounds LOUD! You've all been there with the noise thing, you know you have

Lundy

What am I supposed to eat, I'm here from before daylight and don't move all day

I pack a sandwich, trail mix, jerky and yes those little packs of cheese and crackers wrapped in that loud cellophane. With no wind at all and how quiet it is it just sounds very loud

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Lundy, have you seen anything today ? I'm gonna go sit for the last few hrs here in a bit. I've got jerky in the dehydrator that I'm messin with today. I've only been out 1 hr or so this week...lol. I hate gun season anymore.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Dang, Lundy, that makes a long day! Hang with it, I know you will. I saw 6 by 8, left at 10. Went to another farm after work for a couple of hours and could not find anything. At least I was still hunting. You fellas that can sit all day have my respect! Eat all the crackers ya want, you are the man!:)

Lundy

Nothing else up to dark except bunches of rain, sleet and snow mix. The ground turned white for about 1/2 hr and then turned more to rain

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I for one enjoy all day sets. I'm old enough to entertain myself. When I was young there wasn't all this high tech crap so we had to think ourselves through long boring days. I just never got over it.
I sat all day Monday and didn't see a deer until 4:30 but I was high and dry when it rained all day. I will say my days of setting exposed to the elements are over and I will stay high and dry in the future.

Dang, Lundy, that makes a long day! Hang with it, I know you will. I saw 6 by 8, left at 10. Went to another farm after work for a couple of hours and could not find anything. At least I was still hunting. You fellas that can sit all day have my respect! Eat all the crackers ya want, you are the man!:)

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My dad would point at a tree with his flashlight and tell me to sit. He would come back at dark. I learned early on that it wasnt for me. Its hard to believe i developed a love of hunting. Its easy to see why I quit when im bored. I just do it for fun, and boredom isnt fun. Then again, dad only hunted deer during gun season and a few Saturdays of bow. He liked to maxmize limited time i guess.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What am I supposed to eat, I'm here from before daylight and don't move all day

I pack a sandwich, trail mix, jerky and yes those little packs of cheese and crackers wrapped in that loud cellophane. With no wind at all and how quiet it is it just sounds very loud

Kim, I found that its less noisy if you take some of the louder wrapped candy/snacks out of the original wrappers and put them in sealed up baggies before packing them in my fanny pack.

Good luck!