Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

10 years ago today

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Today is a important day for me. It's been 10 years since my last open heart surgery. I almost didn't make it so every day is important to me now.
It's also my youngest grandson's 17th birthday. I had asked the heart surgeon not to operate on my grandson's Dec. 2nd birthday but he said I didn't have any more time left so it was necessary. I surely didn't want anything to happen to me on his birthday.
Every year on this day I remind him he's my good luck charm.

It's great to be alive. Have a good day and cherish everyone around you. I do.

I hear you loud and clear Frank. Cherish every day and everyone. It will be 5 years in May since my open heart surgery. I've never been quite the same since, still kicking, but my strength and stamina are not there. I blame most of this on prescription medicines I have to now take daily.

Keep that good luck charm close Frank.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Powerful to say the least! Thank You Frank for just being you. I enjoy your posts and look forwards to 10+ more years with you around.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks to all for the well wishes.
The medication is the only thing that keeps me in good shape to enjoy live.

I forgot to mention that I had lost almost all my eyesight due to my MS for 30 months. When I had my heart surgery it shocked my immune system and I started to recover my eyesight. It took 6 months but then I was able to drive to SD to shoot PD's with my son. That 36 months was poor hell but the good Lord seen it fit to help me.
Must be something wrong with my eyes now as they are tearing up. Nah just good emotions.
Carry on.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have heard this before. Not everyone has. It was well worth my time to read it again. Thanks for sharing Frank. Sometimes a reminder like this keeps us all in perspective. You never know where your life may lead you. God bless you my friend.