Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Super Redhawk

I'm ready! I fired 4 rounds from my Ruger Super Redhawk, .44 Mag. with a 9 1/2" barrel at 40 yards...on sandbags. The first shot was straight left, about 6", so I made an adjustment. The next shot was in the bullseye, so I fired 2 more to make a 1" group. I stepped back to 60 yards (by laser rangefinder) and standing freehand, fired 1 shot at a 2 liter 7up bottle full of water...and hit it. I did the same thing last year. I love this handgun! :smiley_blink: This year, I'm using a Hornady 240 JHP bullet.

Bowhunter57

Well, I was ready and my handgun was ready. I've never been through a Deer Gun Season that was as "void of deer" as this one. I seen 2 deer on the opening day and that was it for the week. Nuts! :smiley_depressive:

I'll have to do my ballistics tests on some coyotes. :smiley_cowboy:

Bowhunter57

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yep that sucks. Welcome to that club. I'm wondering with a somewhat chuckle, on who went out & bought a new lever action & then didn't see anything. I chuckle only because that was almost me. I want one & if I had bought one, I would be crying....lol

Outdoorsfellar,
I had a Henry Big Boy and sold it a few years back, giving up on the ODNR passing the PCR regulation. I gave some thought to purchasing a Rossi with a 24" octagon barrel and case hardened receiver, for less money than the Henry and just as good of a shooter.

However, I'm addicted to handgun hunting, enjoy the challenge and have the same amount of fun and satisfaction with my Ruger Super Redhawk. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57