Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2014 gun season

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck to all hunting this week and be safe.
I'm going to use a Marlin 45-70 rifle with 325 gr. Hornady leveraction plastic bullets. Hoping for the 10 pt. buck I've got on cam pictures and the son wants a doe for jerky.
Some mornings and nights I have 10-15 deer in the food plot. Haven't seen any bucks since the rut wound down. I can only see 1.5 ac. of my 3.0 ac. food plot with my Plotwatcher Pro camera.
Plan on 7 all day hunts out of my tower. Bringing alone a good WW11 history book to pass the time during the noon lull.
The food plot sure draws the deer in and reminds me of the Drury's TV show of all the deer in the plots. But where are all the bucks? During the heat of the rut one day I seen 14 bucks chasing and cruising and didn't hunt the noon 4 hrs.
The grandson may come down couple days after school for a evening hunt.
Wish me luck.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good luck Frank.... I'll be out traipsing around with the savage 220.... Sitting in the morning then driving the rest of the week with OhioSam.....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
As usauall, I'll be carrying the muzzy. I'm hoping we only have to work 4 / 10s this week so I can get out Friday thru sunday. A couple guys from work usually go to a local public spot on the weekend, if I join them again this year I might get the 870 out for a change.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure if I will head out or not. I mainly plan on scouting for trespassers. If I hunt I might pull out the 870 or just carry the muzzle loader again. I dunno. Good luck and be safe everyone!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Heading out in PA for the first time in 5 years. Due to family and work but more importantly, always sitting with my buck tag in OH still at this point, I haven't been hunting PA for a while. Excited to get out with my 30 06 in the morning.

Best of luck and safe hunting to everyone!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I'll be out but I'm pretty upset. Talked to one of the land owners today and he says he gave another guy permission. I know they guy he's a hood guy. But the way he hunts is not gonna fly I'm upset because I'm the only one who helps the owner and does anything. And to have a guy come in that brings a bunch of people with him and they shoot everything that moves really has me down. Not to mention losing some other places this season. I've gotta find away out of this piss poor attitude before I give it up.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Came down with a mysterious illness so I can't go to work tomorrow. The prescription? Time in the woods. Funny, Kody got the same thing. So, he will be in the woods as well. Hopefully we both have a speedy recovery.

Part of the rehab process is him toting the 12 gauge 1100 and me the Muzzy.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Yea I plan on hunting Tues and Weds evening and also Sat/Sun. I'll be using my 870. Hopefully a shooter makes a mistake and walks out with in range. Even though I havnt got a shooter on cam in about 2-3weeks. It's starting to make me nervous. I don't want to be hunting a ghost buck(s)

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I am on the farm tomorrow and Tuesday morning. Heading down to Egypt Valley WA for Thursday and Friday morning. Hoping for bone but some meat is always welcome.

Carrying the 20 ga 1100 or the super black hawk until I get the Marlin sighted in.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'll be out with my buddy on my property tomorrow. Hope to get a doe and get him buck.

asy2

I'm heading out in the morning with a few buddies for my first gun season. Pretty stoked and making it hard to get to sleep though. Good luck everyone.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Gonna carry the muzzleloader for a few hours tomorrow morning. Hopefully a decent buck stumbles by.

Good luck and be safe out there!!