Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Remington 887 Recall

antiqucycle

East Ohio
It seems Remington has some drastic quality control problems in South Carolina factory. I was at the club range last week and a person sighting in a brand new Rem 770 bolt gun in 30/06 could not get the gun to shoot within 3 feet of the target, using a very large sheet of cardboard with the rifle in a Lead sled. I suggested he remove the bolt and look down the barrel, then thru the scope. This gun was sold new with a scope at a sporting goods chain store. After I looked thru the barrel and scope, It grossly obvious that the scope mount was drastically crooked on the action. Remington employee really screwed up the 4 screw hole placements. The front lens in the scope was one inch to the left of the barrel.
Poor guy was a Pa. deer hunter and did not have any other guns to use and there is no way he could mail it back to Rem and get a replacement in one week. The gun was not repairable and did not have open sights since it came with a factory scope.
Moral of the story, look down the barrel of a Rem 770 and see if the scope is mounted crooked. The action on this gun was impossible to repair.