Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Any Guesses On Score

Curious what you guys think my buck will score. I know he is 18 1/2 inches inside, but that is all I measured. The tine I'm gripping is about 9", I figured that by measuring the length of my fist and approximating. Will he be scored as a typical or non typical? I'm just hoping he qualifies for Buckeye Big Bucks.

Attachments

• IMGP5591.jpg
    IMGP5591.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 75

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
165" Gross. He should be scored as a Typical and if he nets 140, it won't be by much. One of those deer were the net doesn't matter. The gross score tells the whole story.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
He'll probably go over 160 easily I think. Net, who knows. Too hard to tell without putting a tape to him. Nets don't matter... The buck I shot qualifies for nothing, if I were to even bother trying to enter him.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats. That guy was doing some serious rubbing!

No doubt. With zero deductions, I came up with 170-175". Hard to tell in this one picture. Plus, I am not the greatest at it. That was my gross guess. Who cares about the net. That is a true monarch of the woods. Monster!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
For once I was on the low side! My guesses have been inflated lately, so I backed off my original number of 168.5. What I know for sure, is he's a stud!

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
I realize that the score really means nothing. Taking this buck is the highlight of my life long hunting addiction. But, I've always wanted a buck to make BBBC.

Exactly. Exactly how I feel about mine. Yours will net a lot better than mine I feel, but the net destroyed mine. Numbers just don't matter sometimes. Girl I work with shot a 150s 3.5 yo this year in Illinois. Awesome buck that no normal person would shoot, but oh what he could have been. So many different examples of sometimes numbers just not telling the story. I am interested to see what he scores, but it doesn't really matter, especially in your case, chasing this buck for 3 years!