Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bloody hands

Diablo54

Outside
My morning started at 5:30. I was up and made coffee. Got dressed and the girlfriends dad and her brother pull in ready to hunt. I was walking them up to a spot to sit and watch and I was hunting behind them about 300 yards. At 8:30 I have 6 does at 40 yards. Then at 9, 2 does at 80. 9:15 rolls around and boom! He shoots! I'm watching and have a doe run by me. I texted and got the response that there were 3 does and they think he hit her good. Sure enough after a 100 yard blood trail we found it. Talk about a happy kid and dad! :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416789480.880662.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416789495.741875.jpg

So at 1pm my boss texts me and asks "you think you could take my daughter hunting this evening?" By 3:30 we were sitting against some haybales in a big hayfield where I have been watching 9 does come out in the evenings. 5pm comes around and no deer! They are normally out by 4:30. I told her we had 30 minutes and they were probably on the other side of the field where we couldn't see. We agreed to get up and move 200 yards to the other side of the field. I peek my head over the bales and there are no deer. Damn! I sit down and tell her we have 20 min left and we should sit tight. 5 minutes later I look up and the 9 does are 60 yards from the first haybales we were at! So the stalk was on. We closed the distance to 70 yards and she took her time and dropped the biggest doe! Talk about happy! She was beyond excited! I thought I was having a great season yesterday. Now I am having one of the best seasons of my life and haven't killed a buck! I've been blessed.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416789850.103979.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416789885.816427.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Taylor your a mixture older guy in a young mans body buddy..... My hats off too you..... Congrats on helping the young ones out.....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Your a helluva man to help out and get those kids on some deer. Congrats to your happy hunters and to you for getting it done. Did you have anybody in the play house? That's a great place to sit.