Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Taking a jump back in time.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well it is almost as if I jumped into a time machine and went back in time to 11 years ago. 11 years ago when i started introducing my son Austin to hunting. Well Austin is now 18 and doing his own thing.

Sooooo. Everyone I would like to introduce to you Mason. Mason is my nephew and just recently turned 7 years old. Last year I got him a can call for his birthday. Mom and Dad where loving me. Well this year I gave him a harness from my stash of many in the basement. When he opened it he was like what is this? I told him what it was and now that he had a safety harness he could go hunting with Uncle Steve. We where discussing earlier when he was going to start hunting and have decided his first hunt will be the Monday of gun opener. I hope to have him in a tree house style blind over looking a crp field. I just want his first experience to be a fun and memorable one, so he can keep coming back for more. [emoji3]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416721585321.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416721585321.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 51

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good stuff. I have great memories of taking the grandson deer hunting and even better ones of their harvest. But those days are just about gone as they are getting old enough to hunt by themselves.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Good stuff! My daughter is starting to show some interest so she will be joining me in the blind this evening. Hoping she will atleast get to see one but I guess getting skunked is part of the experience too.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Just got this picture texted to me. This is in a book that Mason made at school.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416964231288.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416964231288.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 56