Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I know something you don't know

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Hint

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416691873829.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416691873829.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 77

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
A good buddy text me this morning and asked if I would do him a favor. He had some stuff to do and his son wanted to get out and hunt. I told him I would be glad to go out and sit with his son.

We headed out about 2:30pm and was in a tower blind by 3pm.
Once settled in we ranged some areas to get the yardages and got ready to wait.
It was about 5 minutes later and a buck came out of the thick brush into a cut corn field. He was about 120 yds out heading our way.
I pulled the binos out and took a look. It was a good sized 6 point that he had on trail cam. Good length on the main beams and appeared
to have a split brow on its right side. He was heading right where we wanted him. We watched him for about 5 minutes as the hunter
was trying to decide if he wanted to take him. He has killed bigger deer with a crossbow but has never killed one with a gun. I could
tell he wanted to take him but was indecisive. After several minutes he finally whispered I want to take him and I told him to take his time and bury it right behind the leg.
Before I knew it the shot rang out and I watched as the bug jumped straight in the air. He was hit hard. We watched as he ran into the woods.
We could see blood running down his side as he disappeared in the woods.
Seconds later we heard him crash.

We gave him 20 minutes too make sure and headed down to start the track.
We found blood right away and headed towards the thick brush.
It was a great blood trail that lasted 40 yards where he was piled up.

Double lung and top of heart.
great shot made by a great kid.

We gave each other a big high five followed by a big hug.
I was honored to be there with this fine young man and we both knew Connor was right there with us.