Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Confused about antlerless hunting in Coshocton County

jacads

My son is hunting in the youth hunt in Coshocton County this weekend. I purchased him an either sex deer permit. Coshocton has a bag limit of three deer but only one can be a buck. Coshocton does not allow doe permits according to the Ohio DNR. If I want to try for a doe as well as a buck can I buy a 2nd any sex deer tag and use it for a doe?

Thanks,

William

jacads

just confirming I can buy another either sex tag but use it only for does? I just don't understand the logic of not allowing antlerless tags but allowing them with extra either sex tags even though statewide the limit is one buck?

Thanks,

William

If I'm reading what your saying right then the answer would be yes.

Last edited:

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Yeah you can buy 2 tags then tag either a buck or doe and still have the other tag for whichever you didn't shoot the first time. Or buy one at a time.

The logic, coming from the DNR at least, is that they are not encouraging the shooting of does in those counties by offering a cheaper tag.

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
just confirming I can buy another either sex tag but use it only for does? I just don't understand the logic of not allowing antlerless tags but allowing them with extra either sex tags even though statewide the limit is one buck?

Thanks,

William

They just want the $24 from the people that hunt in the counties that do not allow the discounted $15 doe tag. They figure in those counties with lower doe numbers hunters will not want to pay $24 full price to shoot a doe. They also didn't want to do the work to separate $15 discounted doe tags and make a new tag for doe only all season $24 tag and figured they could just leave the either sex tag in place. Cause confusion about tags and nail the people that didn't do their homework and generate more funds for the DNR.