Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2014-2015 Official Snow Thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Want to talk plows, snowmobiles, sledding, or non-hunting snow stuff? Here is the thread. There are always some good sledding stories which make us cringe when we hear them. I could post pics of plows and stuff, but it I think I do enough of that already. You guys have plow questions, feel free to ask. It is how we pay the bills 4 months out of the year. Heck, we could even use it to track snow depths across the state.

Just seemed like a good idea. As outdoors people, I know many of us like the snow. Then again, maybe it is a dumb thread idea. lmao

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good news for you Phil but I still hate snow. I've have had enough in my past years. I'd rather be in FL about this time after deer hunting is over but the wife has other thoughts. Damn.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
10277900_10205145679021914_2818837952848456503_n.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
About 2" here in Akron. But, it is still coming down steadily. The wife and I are heading out to photograph some snow covered trees for a calendar I'm making for my daughter.

Now that is a good use of freshly fallen snow. I like it!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Driving from Marietta to Cambridge this winter will be interesting. The river is an amazing insulator this time of year. I live 1.5 miles as the crow flies from the Ohio and it will be 5-7 degrees warmer than my parents which is 8 miles from the river. This only lasts until mid-December when the water temp drops. But it keeps ups frost and snow free when just a few miles down the road, things are "winterfied".

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Time to bring it back to the top. Looks like we are going to break in some new equipment between now and the morning. I will try to snap some pictures throughout the night if possible.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Be safe out there. We have about 1/2" and expecting 3-5". But I hope not.