Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A way to repay a landowner for granting permission.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
A farmer recently told me that a couple of hunters that hunt his place offered to do some work in appreciation. He told them it wasn't necessary. A few days later he found them walking the road ditch picking up trash. I'll bet they never have to worry about keeping hunting permission.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
A farmer recently told me that a couple of hunters that hunt his place offered to do some work in appreciation. He told them it wasn't necessary. A few days later he found them walking the road ditch picking up trash. I'll bet they never have to worry about keeping hunting permission.

Just a small gesture that goes a long way..... Thanks for posting that Sam.... I may be going for a walk here shortly.....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Done this exact thing once. Woman would not let me trap because people dumped stuff down by her gate. Picked it all up and went back to ask again..... Slip Signed on the spot.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I need to go pay the landowners a visit soon. Offered to do chores and they took my number but I haven't talked to them in nearly a year. Thinking about getting them a gift card or something and going over to see if they need anything.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
I've done some mowing for him and took a junker truck to a scrap yard and I'm currently in the process of helping put up a privacy fence.. So I just help out when he needs a extra hand. He has a bad back

Big Weff

Athens
Two of my land owners put up hay so I've always helped with that. Killed two birds with one stone. Got great hunting land and they were able to start making a man out of me haha

Big Weff

Athens
They must not put in much hay...

lmao

uploadfromtaptalk1416229520803.jpg this is usually about what it looks like when we're done haha

Gordo

Athens County
Depends on the people. Tractor work, jerky/meat, case of beer, etc..

Alot of the prop owners that give me permission are of the artsy fartsy tree hugger variety.

My best little extra that i started end of last year is a picture. Snap a photo of a sunrise/sunset/wildlife/or just flat out beautiful view from their property. Get a nice print, frame that bitch , stick a bow on it and give it to them. Bam!

People absolutely love it. You'll b in like sin.

*****warning: can be a true panty melter*****