Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best All season light truck tires?

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Need new tires for my truck. its a 1/2 ton chevy. Just wondering what any of you have had good luck with. I was going to get michelins but the reviews are not the best on them anymore. Thanks for any help.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You looking for quiet street tires or something too get you thru some thick stuff while hunting/playing???

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
im running 31" Good Year Duratracs on my jeep. Very aggressive looking AT tire without TOO much hum on the road. I believe they run around $165 per tire.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Need new tires for my truck. its a 1/2 ton chevy. Just wondering what any of you have had good luck with. I was going to get michelins but the reviews are not the best on them anymore. Thanks for any help.

Good tread life, quiet on the road, excellent in snow, decent off road: BFG All Terrain. Have tried a few others over the years. 15-20yrs straight, I keep going back to BFG.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I had cooper discoverers on my blazer,they were OK. Now its sitting on cooper discoverer AT3's, I like those tires. We have them on the F150 also.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They worked great last winter that's for sure.... The new truck came with some wimpy michelins that if they work off road I'll be surprised lol.... Told the wife first time these let me down I'm going and out coopers on it..... lol....

Big Weff

Athens
I had cooper discoverers on my blazer,they were OK. Now its sitting on cooper discoverer AT3's, I like those tires. We have them on the F150 also.

Those are what I have on my truck now. Only had them about 3 months now so well see how they hold up. I will say, they got me out of a cow pasture with a trailer and truck bed full of logs that I should have never gotten out of though haha. Ok in my book so far.

epe

Lancaster
I have two sets of rims and tires. One with the destination AT, and one with the BFG AT KO . Prefer the firestone. Those of you that say the bfg at, have you tried the firestones?