Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Im Officially Soft

at1010

*Supporting Member*
well its finally getting cold here in Dallas. Got down to 39 today.....

Growing up in Ohio, I could wear a light long tshirt.....

Now I am freezing when it gets below 50......Im ashamed to admit, I have gotten use to the warm weather in the past 1.5 years!

Sincerely,

A pathetic cold Ohioan!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
lmao!!! Some of us have been there done that.... You'll be back too hunting comfortable in no time.... lmao......

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
50 in the south is way colder than 50 In Ohio. Last year Jessica and I went back to Mississippi for Thanksgiving. It was 30 here and she was all excited because it was 55-60 there. She damn near froze to death the whole time.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I agree. Spent a winter in northern texas. It was a short windy cold winter.

Late February thru beginning of April down there for me and that wind sucked bad...... Never was so sick and for so long in my life..... God bless Texas my backside!!!!! lmao.....

at1010

*Supporting Member*
well I am thinking I probably am going to freeze in the treestand!

The wind here is pretty darn bad too. I went up to OK several times for work. It was 70 in Dallas, got up to OKC, woke up in the am to snow. Crazy how fast things can change!

BRRR I like when its about 80 here from Feb- late OCT! :pickle:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Heated Body Suit. I'll own one soon. Tired of being cold even after purchasing quality clothing. My feet are always cold. Its either that, or try the heated insoles.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Heated Body Suit. I'll own one soon. Tired of being cold even after purchasing quality clothing. My feet are always cold. Its either that, or try the heated insoles.

I have been eyeballing the insoles from thermacel for some time now. Every time I go to bass pro I see them and stare at the price tag. Then I end up walking on the other side of the rack and buy yet another pair of wool socks, as if they are going to work better than the last pair I bought. Hell if I would have saved all the money I have spent on each pair of wool socks I could have those insoles by now...smh

at1010

*Supporting Member*
well I do think I am getting a REDNECK blind for next year. Once it gets cold, Ill be hunting over turnips/ with a heater! That sounds fantastic to me! hahah

Diablo54

Outside

Have you tried boot covers Jesse? My feet are cold no matter what I do. Unless I have these on. I don't know how they do so much but man they make a difference. They are just cheapos. Arctic shield I think.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Have you tried boot covers Jesse? My feet are cold no matter what I do. Unless I have these on. I don't know how they do so much but man they make a difference. They are just cheapos. Arctic shield I think.
I was just checking those out. May be my next purchase.

at1010

*Supporting Member*

I have never tried these but man you got my interest! I am a PUSS when it comes to getting cold. I always have been, and will be.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My feet have plagued me since I was 8! Tried everything and nothing works. My layers and outterwear keep me warm now, but my feet are only good for 3 hours at best when its below 40.

Diablo54

Outside
If I walk 100 yds my feet sweat. I have nasty ass feet. I tried everything changing socks at my stand. All kinda boots. Nothing helped. I had several hunts where I would get so cold I would get pissed off Now I wear my leather boots with wool socks and once I get in my stand I slip the boot covers on. They are easy to get on big zipper on the back. I'm not saying they keep your feet hot but I have hunted some cold cold days and not even thought about my feet where otherwise I would have been down after an hour.

Diablo54

Outside
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415929948.911282.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I have an older version of these and have never really gave them a try.... Bought them used off a guy and they've been sitting in the basement ever since lol.... I may have too smoke them up and bring them a long for a couple of sits.....