Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Iks 11-11-14

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
1111141638.jpg

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Congrat's Buddy! Now get off that deer and let us see it (The Deer).rotflmao
Not who I thought but still..... You deserve it my friend! Congrats!

Last edited:

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
It was I!! Pics coming shortly. My buddy that came out to get me and the deer took a bunch of pics, but his phone died so he will be forwarding them shortly, I hope. He's not a monster. I've passed up several this year that would score more than him. But I couldnt be happier with this deer. He's an old fella. Im sure I mentioned somewhere here a few times about the big old 6 point that I would be as thrilled as hell to get. I literally was in stand for 20 minutes, rattled, and 7-8 minutes later he was on top of me. I was still sitting when he popped out of a thicket 60 yards away. He was walking fast directly at me. I managed to grab my bow but was still sitting, trying to get in position, when He picked me off at 12 yards and ran out to a spot we have ranged at 50 yards. I honestly was counting the yardage as he was running and slowing down. When he stopped and turned broadside I drew and settled. I released and 11 ringed his ass perfectly. He wobbled immediately as I seen the blood flowing. He made it maybe 75 yards before he couldnt hold it no more. I have to thank whoever started the thread a day or so ago reminding us to check our bows and practice. This morning, before we went car shopping, I stepped outside and flung a dozen arrows. I waxed my string and oiled a few things. No doubt, some good Karma. Been a tough year for me work wise trying to find enough time to sleep and hunt. I've been so close the last few sits, I knew it was gonna happen sooner or later. Just thankful to finally get a buck we've targeted. It's been 4 years for me. Hopefully some pics to come soon

Last edited: