Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Huge cache of Osage Orange logs

Dancing Fox

I'm new here and I hope what I am about to write is appropriate and acceptable. Here goes!

I had about 1,000 Osage Orange logs to sell a year or so ago. I now have about 650 left. They range in diameters from 5-10 inches and are 7-9 feet in length. These were cut about 60-65 years ago and were originally meant to be used as fence posts. Few were ever used as such. Their exteriors are somewhat checked but just under that rough interior is really solid wood. Ninety-five % of what I own has been stored inside for over a year and are dry and ready to be split. Most that I have already sold Osage Orange pile 1.jpgOsage Orange pile 1.jpg were purchased by bowyers. Those who have bought from me were extremely happy with the material's quality and price and raved about the interior color(s), growth ring spacing and graining patterns (I know little about making a bow but...I am learning!) My previous prices were subject to the diameter of the piece(s) selected. Now, however, I am offering any of them (your choice of size!) for just $15.00 each (no "quantity discounts" however).

My real name is Paul Davenport. I live just outside of Bellevue, Ohio and you may contact me directly (if allowed) at pjdavenports@gmail.com or 419-681-0416. (I hope this information is "allowable" here as I don't know how many times I can check back to see who has replied (sorry!)

Thanks for looking,

Dancing Fox