Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Public service announcement!

Hello friends. I would just like to share a reminder for all you fellow bow hunters. Don't be a f-ing moron like me and assume your bow is still on ever week. Even if you've been hunting hard. As I'm about climb out of the stand, a very nice Id say 130-140 what looks to be an 8 pt. comes screaming in. Grunting and all. I range his path,

He was 22 yds. Settle my pin on his shoulder, he stops and thwack. Straight over his damn back. He didn't even know what was going on just kept his nose to the ground and following that trail away from me. Went back to the house and was pretty disappointed about it. Started thinking about it and was like "how the hell did I shoot over him". I'm not Olympic archer but I can hold my own. And my bow was on for the 3 does I killed this year. Get on my range, fire a shot from 20 yds. Bammmm. It smacks my rubber backstop, clear over my buck target. Wtf. So apparently I must have bumped or knocked the sight at some point this week and thrown me way off. So bow is back in fighting shape now but cost me some antlers due to my stupidity. Don't forget to throw a couple arrows down range every couple days so you don't end up like me. Hahaha. Have a good day fellas!

Kaiser878

ohio
Not pointing you out, so don't think that..... but I notice this with a lot of hunters. They spend 700 dollars on a bow.....100s of dollars on corn and hinting outfits.....but they skimp on rests n sights..... if a sight has major components made of plastic its probably not a good sight. I shoot axcel armortechs..... machined, with everything threaded. Micro adjust etc..... ive heard hha sights are good.... but I've never messed with one.

I'm hard on stuff.... and my stuff gets used.... armortechs have been a great investment with not one ounce of issues.... I have one on both of my bows. Plus you can order them with any pon size combination you want and color.

My first 5 are .019 and my last two are .010.
I don't see yellow well.... so they are red and green

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang! Sorry to hear! Also be sure it wasn't your peep sliding down a tad either! Good idea though to sling a few down range to check things! Keep on keepin!

Wow. Very nice. Yeah I bought the sight cuz of the automatic pin gaps but it's starting to be a worry.

If its starting to worry you its not worth keeping on your bow. All that is going to do is create confidence issues in your equipment. I only buy higher end sights for the same reasons kaiser brought up. I have Montana Black Gold Ascent on my hunting bow. Axcel, MBG, CBE and spott hogg are going to be the high end of hunting sights. Anything those companies make is going to hold up as it just comes down to personal preference. They also have great CS. Viper Archery products, sword and copper john are the middle to high end sights. Copper John is great. Viper and sword are both Ohio companies and will take care of you. Extreme, cobra, most of the truglo models, G5 and trophy ridge are the middle to low end. Im throwing G5 in there just because I have had a number of durability issues in the pass with their sights.

Also as you learned shooting your bow at a small target before you hunt if time permits is not a bad idea.

Last edited: